CHAPTER SEVEN - not over him

stood at the door alongside olivia, was josh. i can't believe my eyes. i look down at the floor. she said that she was over him, yet she brings him to her celebration party like nothing happened? i look up again, and see josh looking at me, before talking to olivia. "you've gotta be shitting me." i say, under my breath. hailey walks over to me and motions her cup of soda towards josh. "you saw it too, huh. don't be surprised, he always find a way back to her, livs thinks he's worth all the heartbreaks he puts her through." she says, disappointed. i nod my head, looking up again to see liv walking towards us with a smile on her face.

"how's the party guys?" liv says, acting as if the boy that dumped her 5 weeks ago didn't just come through the door with her. hailey looks at me for a second, and i lower my head before hailey answers. "it's been fun, why's josh here?" she says, concerned. liv nervously chuckles before speaking. "oh yeah, we made up. he says that he wouldn't snap at me again, and i trust him, so we're back together." i couldn't believe what i was hearing. my head starts to get dizzy, and liv notices. "you okay y/n?" she asks. "yeah, fine." i say, while walking away to the bathroom. "is she okay?" i hear liv say to hailey over the loud music.

i open the door and see josh. naked. with steph. "OH MY GOD!" i scream, looking away. "Y/N! this isn't what it looks like!" steph says, wrapping herself in a nearby towel. "so you guys were just naked and coincidentally fucking each other in your girlfriend and best friends bathroom?!" i yell, before running back to olivia and hailey. "olivia we need to talk." i say, pulling her outside the apartment, music draining as soon as liv closes the door. "you won't believe what i just saw." i saw, running my hand through my hair, pacing back and forth. "what was it y/n? you're making me panic!" liv says concerned. "your boyfriend and best friend were fucking in your bathroom! i went to go wash my face and i see them naked, fucking!" i say to her, almost yelling. "you're kidding with me, right? steph wouldn't do that to me, i know her." she says, before running back in her apartment, me following her and finding josh and hailey talking to each other.

"did you guys fuck in my bathroom?" olivia yells at them. "what the fuck? no! we wouldn't do that." josh says before looking at me and back to olivia. "y/n said you did!" olivia says, her getting panicked. the music dies down and everyone forms a crowd around us. "yes you did! i saw you in there with josh butt naked fucking!" i say. "are you seriously believing her over your best friend for 4 years and boyfriend olivia? we wouldn't do that." steph says, crossing her arms and looking at olivia. olivia takes a deep breath. "that's true, you wouldn't do that, i know you wouldn't. and i only just met y/n a few weeks ago-" i cut her off. "are you fucking kidding me right now olivia? you think i would lie about this? i'm not lying to you." "i'm not saying you're lying, i just don't trust you enough over my best friend and boyfriend." olivia says, getting slightly angry. "i quit being your guitarist, go fuck yourself." i saw, before walking to the door, people parting to make a path for me, nai following behind me. "didn't need you anyways." liv says, under her breath, but still loud enough for me to hear. my heart drops, but i open her apartment door and walk to the car with nai.

i get in the car, slamming the door a little too hard. "i believe you." nai says, and i give her a small smile. "i'm telling the truth i swear, but of course she would choose them over me." i say, disappointed. we arrive back home and get ready then hop into bed. "my parents are still stuck in fiji, says they wont be back until early next year, is it okay if i stay with you?" i ask nai, tucking myself into her bed, her following after me. "of course, stay as long as you'd like." she says, reassuring me.

one month later

it's been one month since the party. my phone dings, getting another text from her.

___________________________________________________

Olivia Rodrigo

i'm sorry for what i said at

the party y/n

i didn't mean it, i do still need

you as my guitarist, and my

friend

go find another guitarist, im done with you

you're so love blind by josh it hurts

to watch you get hurt.

and you don't need me, you said so yourself.

today, 11:44am

you were right, im sorry

i saw him and steph make out on

hollywood fix, i'm sorry, i

should've believed you

ik you are

can you please come to mine? i want

to apologize for being such a dick

i'm busy today

you're just saying that to avoid me,

i get it but please

my place, whatever time you'd like

_____________________________________________________

i shut my phone off, taking a big sigh. nai's out all day, doing photoshoots and hanging out with vinnie hacker. always give people second chances, i think to myself, before wearing flared jeans and a jacket before taking my car to liv's apartment.

i get there and knock on her door. i hear footsteps getting louder when the door swings open, liv standing there. "hey." i say, not knowing what else to say, since it's so awkward. "hi, come in." she says, stepping out of the way as i let myself in. she sits on the couch, twilight being paused on the big flatscreen tv mounted on the wall. i sit next to her, but a distance in between us. "i'm sorry, you were right. i should've trusted you in the first place." she says, looking at me. "you only met me a few months ago, it's fine, i wouldn't have trusted myself either." i say, looking down at her fluffy rug. we end up talking for a bit, as she informs me that she's seriously over josh, blocked his number and everything. i take a sigh of relief, weight being lifted off my shoulders. "i still don't fully trust you yet." i say, looking into her eyes. "that's okay, we can work on it." she looks at the time on her phone. "have you had lunch yet?" she says, and i shake my head no. "neither, we should get something to eat at the mall." she stands up and so do i, following her out of the apartment to my car.