CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE - laser tag

olivia and i stop rehearsing 'traitor' as we watch as one side of the studio door pushes open, seeing gracie walk in. i smile, standing up from my seat and placing the new guitar on the stand beside me.

"gracie!" olivia yells, running down the side of stairs, hugging her tightly. i walk down the stairs, olivia and gracie pulling away from the hug. "wait... y/n?" gracie says, squinting her eyes as she walks to me. "wait... gracie?" i mock back, grinning as i open my arms. "it's been so long!" she exclaims, and we hug for about 5 seconds. "you look the same," i say, smiling as i study her face. "same to you too," she says, chuckling.

"wait, tell me about your guys' history together!" olivia asks next to me, gracie opposite us in a booth. "uh..." i say, trying to think where it all started. "it was what... 3 or 4 years ago?" gracie asks. "yeah, around then." i confirm. "so... tell me!" olivia says, impatient. "we met through mutuals, gracie messaged me as i had a few guitar posts. it just went from there i guess, we hung out almost every day, performed some songs in local places together." i tell to olivia, who's very invested in this. "how and why did you two break up?" olivia asks, gracie answering. "it was a mutual feeling, we just didn't feel like we were for each other, even though y/n actually broke up with me first." gracie says, grinning. "bit of a heart breaker, wasn't i?" i joke, making olivia laugh. "yeah, watch out olivia." gracie jokes too, giggling.

olivia, gracie and i wait for madion, conan and iris to show, sitting patiently on a couch. "here they are," i say, standing up as gracie and olivia stand up to. we introduce gracie to everyone else, and we decide to play laser tag. "3 verse 3?" i confirm as we follow the worker into the laser tag section. "yeah, 3 verse 3." madison confirms. i hold the door for everyone as we walk in, seeing rows of the laser tag vests on both sides. after the worker informs us on the rules, i unhook a vest, clipping it unto myself. in the corner of my eye, i see conan and iris get a vest on my side too. "y/n, can you clip the thing for me please?" olivia asks. i turn around, walking to her as i clip it. "we're on opposite teams," i say, smiling as i clip one of the 3 clips. "yeah, get ready to get your ass beaten." olivia jokes, laughing. i laugh too, moving away as i finish clipping her vest.

"hey... is it okay if i could get a photo with you guys? i'm meant to keep it professional, but i'm the biggest fan of you guys!" the worker says, fiddling with her hair. "yeah, of course!" olivia says. the worker beams in a smile, taking out her phone in quite a rush. she extends her arm out, and i crouch down at the front a little to make sure everyone else behind me is in frame, olivia following me as she places her hand on my shoulder for support. i place a thumb on one cheek, other four fingers on the other cheek of olivia's as i squish them a little, smiling as i close my eyes, kissing olivia's cheek as the photo gets taken. "thank you guys so much!" she girl says, and i let go of olivia's cheeks, standing up fully as olivia does the same. "it was a pleasure to meet you!" conan exclaims. olivia offers for a hug, which the worker gladly accepts. we all take turns hugging her, each giving about 3 second hugs. "have fun in there, guys! once the music starts, everything is activated and you guys are good to start playing." she says. we thank her, heading in.

we split up, conan, iris and i jogging to the other side of the laser tag area. i hold the plastic gun, aiming it at conan, switching the aim to iris, then back at conan as a joke. "we're on your team, dickhead!" conan jokes, making iris and i laugh as i lower the gun. suddenly, the loud, upbeat music starts. i start jogging as i aim my gun in front of me, waiting to see olivia, gracie and/or madison. i see madison turn a corner in front of me, and i aim to her vest, shooting as i hear a sound coming from her vest. "enjoy the 10 second cool down time, mads!" i say, running past her.

"auwh!" i yell as i turn the corner quickly, running into someone. "y/n!" olivia yells as we stumble backwards, causing olivia to drop her gun as it hangs from the plastic coil. we catch our balance and i laugh, moving back from her as i aim my gun. olivia quickly places her hands on my cheeks as she clashes her lips with mine, kissing me. i stumble backwards, hitting the wall behind me as i drop my gun in defeat, attaching my hands guide to olivia's vest, holding it as i kiss her back. i start to laugh and olivia pulls away, laughing too. i pick up my gun with one hand, aiming it lazily at olivia's vest, pressing the trigger. the familiar defeating noise comes out of olivia's vest speakers and she looks at her vest that's now lit up in red. "nice try, love. it was a good kiss though!" i exclaim, making olivia laugh as i peck her lips, walking past her. "see you!" i say, running away. "you're so competitive, y/n!" olivia yells behind me. i laugh, turning right.

i walk up to the top of a castle light tower, scanning to see anyone. i see someone who looks like gracie, pressing the trigger multiple time until her vest flashes red. "what the?!" gracie says, looking at her vest. i laugh quietly to myself, watching her look around in confusion to see who shot her.

conan and i walk out of the laser tag, meeting up with everyone as they look at the tv, reading the scores. "we won!" i exclaim, giving conan and iris high fives. "what was that about you beating my ass?" i mock to olivia who rolls her eyes, smiling. "i underestimated you, y/n!" she replies and i laugh, looking back at the score.

after we have dinner all together, olivia, gracie and i start to drive back to olivia's apartment, about 20 minutes away from it. "guys, i really need to pee." gracie admits. "why didn't you go while we were there?" olivia asks, smiling as she turns around to gracie. "because i didn't need to!" she defends. "it's cool, there's a petrol station right here. there should be a bathroom in here." i say, turning into the petrol station. i park on the side and gracie gets out, slightly jogging to go into the store. "she left her phone... unlocked too!" olivia says, reaching to the back seats as she grabs the phone. she goes onto instagram, swiping to the camera section. i move closer to her, posing as olivia takes the photo with flash.

she posts it on gracie's story with the text, turning her phone off as she places it back on the back seats

she posts it on gracie's story with the text, turning her phone off as she places it back on the back seats. listening to olivia's playlist, we wait for gracie to come back. moments later, gracie comes jogging back to the car, opening it as she gets inside. "so... cold." she mutters, and i chuckle, turning on the heater as start to drive.