CHAPTER FOUR - the dinner

we arrive at liv's apartment, and olivia opens the door and the apartment is beautiful. "woah." i say in amazement, observing her apartment. the drummer, who i learnt her name was hayley, laughs. "exactly what i said the first time i saw her apartment, awesome isn't it?" i nod my head and smile. olivia's apartment was small, but not too small, making it feel so homey, as if i were at home myself. the aesthetic was amazing, the apartment being white with minimalistic designs everywhere, every single one adding it's personality into olivia's apartment, from the IKEA wooden coffee table, to the fake plants hanging on a shelf, along with cute photos of Olivia and friends. "okay so, i was thinking we could probably get chick-fil-a down the road because I'm too lazy to cook anything. well, not that i can cook anything." liv says, making me snap out of my thoughts. "yeah, sounds good to me!" the 2 girls say, looking at me for approval. "yeah sure, sounds great." i say, with a smile. "great, i'll probably drive there since it's quicker than ordering it. anyone wanna come along? i could use the company." Olivia says, getting a glass of water and drinking it. "y/n should go, you know, get to know Olivia more since she's apart of the group now." the pianist says, sitting down next to hayley on the couch. "of course, what's everyone's order?" i say, getting out my 'notes' app.

olivia and i walk out to her car, me slightly behind her. she opens the passenger door for me, and motions her hand in the car, like she's some sort of chaperone. "thank you." i smile and get in the car, as liv goes to the other side and gets in the car, starting the engine. eventually, she starts to drive and puts on the radio. after about 5 minutes, liv talks. "so, what made you want to give the guitar band thing a shot?" she say, eyes still on the road. "well, i didn't think i would even get in, but my friend nai practically forced me to do it" i say, slightly laughing. "but really, i'm seriously grateful you picked me." i say, looking at her side profile for a second, then looking back at my lap. "no problem! i can tell you're gonna make a big impact on the girls and i. i was wondering if you wanted to g-" Olivia's phone rings, but it's connected to the car.

"incoming call from : Josh"

(also guys let's pretend the whole situation with josh and liv didn't happen)

are the rumours true? are they really dating? honestly, i think they would be a cute couple, but not to be mean or anything, what does she see in josh? i shake my head, trying to stop over thinking. why am I even thinking about this? i only just met her! not like I'd have a chance with her anyways, she probably doesn't even like girls.

olivia presses a button on the steering wheel, making the call accept. "hey liv!" josh says. it sounds like he's busy, judging by the crowd of people talking loudly. "hey josh, what's up?" liv replies back. "nothing much, just wondering if you wanted to go out for dinner tonight, you down?" he says, and mutes his phone, then unmutes, and olivia looks at me. "sorry i'm having dinner with the girls tonight, as y/n is my new guitarist!" i slightly smile. "it's fine, hang out with the girls, like you always do. see ya." he says and hangs up before olivia can talk, olivia sighs. what was that all about? why did he get so angry all of a sudden? "sorry about that, it's just my friend, josh." right, so friends. "no it's alright, i don't mind." I respond. "I can tell the girls don't really like him, even though they say they do. Anyways, we're here." I clear my throat as Olivia pulls into the drive-through. I read the orders and we went to the car park, going to check the food was correct. I hear footsteps and cameras clicking and look out my window, which was rolled down, to see a man with a familiar voice. The Hollywood Fix. "Hey Olivia, been a minute. Who's this fine girl you're with this evening?" He says, and I look at Olivia, seeing her look out my window. " Her name's y/n, and she's my new guitarist." she says, smiling at me slightly. "Now if you'll excuse us, we have somewhere to be." She rolls my window up and drives away. "sorry about that, you're gonna have to get used to it since you're my new guitarist." She says, a hint of sympathy in her voice. "It's all good." I say, checking the food bags. We get back to the apartment.

We get into the apartment, setting the food at the table of 4. I sit down, Olivia sitting next to me. While we guys eat, the 3 girls laugh and talk about stuff, I drown them out, unable to stop thinking about the conversation Josh and Olivia had in the car. It was almost like she's used to it. Does he always do that? If so, I feel bad for Liv. I feel a hand on my shoulder and turn to my left to see Liv looking at me, concerned. "Are you okay, y/n?" She says, eyebrows furrowing. "Yeah, yeah I'm okay." I say, giving her a reassuring smile. The 2 girls seem to be in their own conversation, leaving Liv to talk to me. "Are you sure? Something seems to be on your mind, you can tell me." she says, looking at my eyes. "No, no it's nothing, don't worry about it." I say, picking up my food and eating it. As Liv's dinner table was in fact 2 couches on both sides with a dining table in the middle and on top of it a ceiling lamp, Liv moves the tiniest bit closer to me and continues eating her food. Throughout dinner, Liv keeps looking at me for a split second before looking away. Everyone finishes their dinner, including me and we all sit there and chat, as I'm feeling better. "So, how did you pick your drummer and pianist, Liv?" I look at her and smile. "Well, they're already close friends of mine, so why not?" She says smiling back. "That's pretty cool." I say, as the drummer and pianist join in with the conversation. After talking for a few more minutes, I feel something on my left shoulder, I turn to see what it is, and it's not Liv's hand this time. Instead, it's her head, resting on my shoulder. I raise my eyebrows, shocked by the sudden gesture, but smile at it. I slightly rest my head back on hers, as we continue talking. Suddenly, we were interrupted by a knock on the door.