CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR - i'm sorry, y/n.

i wake up, turning my phone on. 10 minutes until my alarm, might as well wake up. i turn my phone on, turning my alarm off as i get out of bed, seeing olivia already up, in the bathroom. i get changed, waiting for olivia to finish what she's doing in the bathroom. she walks out of the door past me and i walk into the bathroom, applying toothpaste on my toothbrush as i start brushing my teeth.

i reach the door, putting the bag straps on my shoulders as i adjust them. "i'm gonna go now." i say to olivia as she looks up from her makeup mirror. "oh, alright." she says, standing up as she walks to me. "see you later, i guess." i say, olivia nodding. "see you in la." she says, the tiniest chuckle coming out of her mouth. we stand there for a few seconds, neither of us knowing what to do. my phone vibrates and i take it out, getting a notification that my uber was here. "i-uh, gotta go. my uber's here." i say, opening the door as i hold my guitar in one hand and suitcase in the other. "good luck filming." i say, olivia holding the door open. "have a safe flight." she says, smiling faintly. i walk away, pulling my luggage behind me.

i smile widely as i see milo, and i kneel down, patting him as i ruffle his fur. "i missed you so much," i say, kissing him all over. after i caress him for a few minutes, i lay on my bed, missing the softness. 

i tiredly check instagram, seeing a post from olivia's spam account on my feed.

______________________________________

⚪️livbedumb

liked by joshuatbassett, sofiawylie and 96 others

livbedumb   missed joshy ❤️

view all 13 comments

joshuatbassett  missed u more livie :))

liebedumb : joshuatbassett  we should hang out more :)

2 hours ago

___________________________________________

no way he just called olivia 'livie'. i don't like the post, groaning as i turn my phone off. that was my nickname to you, olivia. do we have anything unique anymore? i get out of bed, picking up my guitar from the stand. i play random things, singing along to them. "please don't be in love with someone else..." i sing the lyrics to 'enchanted' by taylor swift, "please don't have somebody waiting on you..." i sing, sighing as i stop. please don't be in love with someone else, olivia.

a few days go past without a word from olivia, and i stalk an olivia update page, wondering what she's up to.

_________________________________________

⚪️oliviaupdates

liked by 2,304 others

oliviaupdates   [FROM THE NEWEST EPISODE] olivia and joshua bassett holding hands before going on! (bts)

view all 503 comments

user2   in the scene they aren't even holding hands when they go on tho??

user9   isn't olivia still with y/n? or did i miss a chapter?

user3 : user9   i'm pretty sure they're still dating, not sure what's going on with olivia and josh

5 hours ago

_____________________________________________

2 months later

out of the blue, olivia texts me that she's home for a break and if i wanted to hang out at hers. after months saying she's too busy to text, she texts me this? i agree, driving to her apartment. i arrive,  going in the elevator, to olivia's level. i knock on the door, waiting a few seconds as the door sings open. "hi," she says, standing to the side as i walk in. "hey," i reply, looking around. "no time no talk, right?" she says, locking the door as i sit on the couch. "yeah," i say, olivia sitting next to me, giving a gap between us. olivia talks as if the hotel situation never happened, talking about what happened on set. her face lights up as she talks about what josh has done, which makes her laugh, even if she's re-telling the story. i force a small smile on my face, wondering if her face has ever lit up talking about me to conan, iris or madison. 

we sit in silence as olivia texts on her phone, slightly chuckling as she types. she clears her throat, turning her phone off. "sorry, i'm just texting josh." she says. "it's fine." i mumble, looking at my socks. "hey, what's wrong?" she asks, leaning towards me. "nothing," i say, avoiding eye contact. "seriously, what's wrong? you can tell me." she assures. "it's nothing, olivia." i say, my tone making it unbelievable. "something's wrong, y/n." she says, and i sigh, thinking for a few seconds. 

i swallow, looking at olivia. "do you love him?" i ask, voice breaking ever so little. "what?" she says, furrowing her eyebrows as she switches between my eyes. "do you love him? do you love josh?" i ask again, heart dropping. "what? no! what makes you think that?" she says, slightly panicked. "the way your face lits up when you talk about him, the way you giggle when you text him, the way you smile when he smiles, the way you look at him, the way he calls you livie. i call you livie, everyone knows that." i say, breaking eye contact. from the corner of my eyes, i see olivia's eyes tear up, looking down as she doesn't answer. "it's okay if you do, i get it." i say, my eyes watering too. "i... don't know." she admits, voice breaking. "you look like you're in love with him," i say, a tear dropping down my cheek. "i'm sorry, y/n." she says, and i stand up from her couch. "it's alright, he's lucky to have you." i say, walking to the door. "i just hope he loves you as much as i do." i say, tears streaming down my face as i walk out of olivia's apartment, closing the door behind me.

a/n - almost cried writing this ugh :(( please remember to vote as it helps me out a lot