[17]-Dinner invitation

Start from the beginning

"Thank you so much, sir. I am a huge fan," she said.

"Well I have not done anything significant yet to prove that I should have a fan but thank you anyways," he said, giving her his best smile and my heart was just one step away from melting into a puddle.

I could feel that he was being modest. We all knew how good he was as a boss to his employees which he had proven time and again and these were his employees' words, not his.

"Are you kidding me? You are everything a youth should be. Smart, confident, caring and most of all you keep in mind the best interest of everyone around you," she said and I could hear admiration dripping from her voice.

I wanted to deny the fact that I didn't feel a little jealous seeing this receptionist admiring him with heart emoticons in her eyes but I couldn't.

I knew I was jealous.

Clearing my throat, I got their attention.

"If you don't mind, can we leave sir? I will miss my flight otherwise," I said.

"Umm...Sophia, why don't you take a cab and let me spend some time with this pretty lady here?" he said pointing at the receptionist and my jaw dropped on the floor.

"Excuse me? You were the one who told me just a few minutes back that you would drop me at the airport and you are denying it now?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"Uhh..Yeah. You anyways were going alone, right?" he said and my blood boiled.

"Fine by me. Keep flirting with her," I said and took my luggage in my hands.

"And you," I said, pointing at the receptionist and she looked at me.

"It would be better if you concentrate on your work," I said and giving one last glare to both of them, left stomping my foot.

What? He wanted to be my friend, then handle my tantrums as well.

"Jerk," I mumbled and heading to the exit after paying for my stay, waited for my cab to arrive.

I was still fuming in anger when I felt someone standing behind me.

I turned around to see Adarsh sir looking at me with an impish smile on his face and I rolled my eyes at him.

Turning around again, I waited for the cab to come to me when out of nowhere I felt my suitcase being snatched from me and I turned sideways to see him winking at me and then in a flash of light, he was gone.

Seriously?

I followed him and saw him keeping my suitcase in his car.

When I saw his car, my jar dropped on the floor, literally.

"Close your mouth Sophia," he said chuckling and I closed my mouth but then glared at him

"Give my luggage back," I said, crossing my arms over my chest.