Episode 35 "Mummy in the Maze" Part 1

Start from the beginning

I looked at the pastor astonished as Booth asks, "Anyone ever dress like a mummy?" "We've never featured a 'false idol' room, though, now that you mention it, it's not a bad idea." I was confused on this sort of method as Temp says, "Ancient Egyptian religious beliefs endured for almost 4,000 years. Twice the length of Christianity." I elbowed Temp as Booth asks, "Look, any of your kids suddenly disappear?" "No." Temp then ask, "What if the children that you save from abortion grow up to be usurers and sodomites?" I sigh as the Pastor says, "I don't respond to mocking semantics, Dr. Brennan." Booth adds, "Nor do I, but she's serious." I nod, "She really is." "In that case, my serious answer would be that in being given a chance to live a life, the aborted soul will have a multitude of opportunities to repent for their sins and live bathed in the Holy Spirits." Temp nods, "Thank you." Booth asks, "Thank you?" Pastor Jonas nods, "Your welcome." I chuckle at Booth's confusion as we left.

We are in the car as Booth asks Temp, "Does the Pastor guy make you mad?" "No." "He's a fundamentalist." "I appreciate consistency." "What, the consistency of trying to scare kids into Christianity?" "How do we keep kids from smoking? We tell them it gives them cancer." "It does give them cancer." "According to science." "That's all you care about is science." "In the end, even someone who believes in empiricism and science has to take a leap of faith." "What?" "I believe in what I can hear, taste, see, touch and measure. You believe in what you feel. Pastor Jonas believes that God speaks to him through a sacred book." I just watch the conversation amused as Booth says, "I feel like we're on the wrong side of the argument here." He gets a call and checks, "It's Cam." He answers and put's it on speaker, "What's up?" "I really need you to come back." "What's going on?" "I got a couple here, says they think the mummy in the maze is their daughter." "Oh, that'd save us some time on identification." "Their daughter only disappeared last week." I then say, "The remains we found are at least a year old." "Look, I'm great with corpses, but when it cone to loved ones... let's just say there's a reason why I'm not a pediatrician. So if you got a siren, turn it on." "Right." He hangs up as he turns on the sirens.

I was in my office as I let Temp and Booth handle the parents as I do some finalization of the ball, I then get a call from my assistant Jimmy who tells me that they found another mummy. I thank him and have him take care of the rest of the ball. I call Temp and wait for her to answer, "Yes?" "Hey sis, another mummy has been found at Shoreline Amusement Park. I'll see you down soon." I hung up and organized everything that has to do with the ball in one spot for Jimmy to just pick up.

It was already dark as Temp, Booth, and I are heading over to the crime scene as Temp says, "Perhaps the fact that Megan Shaw disappeared from here and there's another mummy here is a coincidence." Booth then says, "Fact, Bones- there are no coincidences in a murder investigation." "You do know the strict definition of a 'fact,' right? It's not the same as a 'funny feeling." I chuckle as Booth says, "Just because somebody says they saw a mummy doesn't mean they actually did." We then hear a lady with a EMT guy, "I know what I saw." "Keep the mask on, please, ma'am." I then ask, "What's wrong with her?" "Anxiety attack. Brought on by this dungeon here. I spent half my time on these calls." 

Temp then says, "You know it's not real, right? You're overreacting to an excessive amount of stimuli." The lady tried to take off the mask as the EMT says, "Keep the mask in place, ma'am." Temp adds, "Plus, you should lose some weight." I looked at Temp with wide eyes and elbowed her a bit as the EMT says, "Uh... ma'am?" Booth adds, "Bones, a little compassion." The woman then says, "I'm not overreacting. There's a dead body in there." The EMT adds, "1,000 of them, to be exact." "There's a real one. I'm a nurse. Trust me. I know a dead body when I see one." I then ask, "Did you see anything?" The EMT shakes his head, "Not much time for that. Just went in, got her, got her out. Right." I nod as Booth pulls down the ladies mask and asks, "What did you see?" "A corpse. Past the killer clown." I looked at her wide eyes and eyed Booth knowing he is scared of clowns as he asks, "Clown?" The EMT then asks him, "You okay?" "Yeah." Temp also notices, "You sure?" "Sure." "Come on."