24: Hey Lover

"Y/n-chaaaaaan," Yachi approached you in a study room during lunch. "So what are you going to wear?"

You inhaled and held your breath. "For what?"

"HAH?" She sprawled her hands in the air. "The dance? The one before winter break?" She pulled your arm back and fourth. "Come on Y/n, did you forget?!"

"I wasn't planning on going."

Yachi let go of your hand and it hit the table, eliciting pain from the impact.

"Yaacha-"

"It's our first year of highschool! You should be hyped for going to these events." She put her hands on your shoulders. "Is it because you don't have a date?"

"HUH? NO-"

"Hmhm~?"

"I DON'T- I- YOU DON'T HAVE ONE EITHER!!"

There was a knock on the wall and you both jut your heads.

"Uhm..." Yamaguchi hid himself behind Tsukishima.

They bickered back and fourth until the blonde eventually dragged him in front of both of you.

Yamaguchi fiddled in his bad and handed Yachi and envelope while Tsukishima placed a sticky note on your forehead.

"Hey you-"

Yamaguchi pushed him away before you could finish your sentence.

"Gosh."

You ripped the note of your head and crumpled it. Yachi opened the envelope and squealed.

"Tadashi just asked me to the danceee~" She said all sing- songy. "How about that sticky note of yours?"

"Hm?" You uncrumpled the note and read it slowly out loud. "Go to the dance with me. And in parentheses Yamaguchi forced me to do this."

"Looks like we both have dates now."

You clicked your tongue. "It's not a date if it's forced."

Day of the Dance

"Yacchan, I'm dead serious. Is it too much?"

"I told you, it's not. That's exactly what you wear to these type of events. It could even be a little more fancier if you wanted."

You stared intently at the girls' face for a hint of insincerity.

"Then is it too plain?"

"No! It's fine, I'm not lying." She gave you a flat look of unamusement.

You were on face time with Yachi as you prepared for the dance. She was doing her makeup and making a bunch of weird faces that you took screenshots of.

You stared at the dress hanging on the door. It was [Favorite Color] and you did your makeup to match it. It was a long dress with puffy mesh sleeves to go along with the winter theme.

Sighing you packed up some essentials in a small purse.

"Yachi, I'm going to head over to Tsukishima's so I'll see you later."

"Alrighty, see you!"

You hung up and grabbed your dress off the door. Slipping your heels on, they clicked as you went downstairs.

It would be a cold night so you made sure to wear a long coat and scarf.

You opened the door the wind shocked you, blowing your hair back. Pulling your scarf to cover your face, you walked over next door.