16: Shinzen Training Camp pt. 2

The teams all decided to take a break after it was announced that Shinzen parents donated watermelon to the teams.

Karasuno had a long day of loosing and running penalties. They deserved a little break.

You helped pass out the watermelon to the teams and you caught two people to the side.

"Hey you two over there, come get some, we have a lot." You took two slices, walking over to where the two was located.

"Ehhh..." Kenma raised his eyebrows, his pupils still hooked onto his game. "Uh thanks Y/n..." He extended his left hand to take the slice while he moved the joystick with his right.

"And here." You extended your hand towards Tsukishima who was standing with his arms crossed.

After washing your hands, you decided to take a slice of your own, savoring the sweetness and hydration it gave you after being in the heat.

You sat on one of the hills and saw someone come up and sit next to you.

"Oh Tsukki hey."

"You're a really messy eater." He eyed the juice dripping down your hand and onto your shoes.

"Why are you watching me eat? Huh?"

"Why'd you assume I was watching you? Do you think you're all that?"

You scoffed at his statement, knowing that he was joking. "I do actually."

Tsukishima leaned back on his hands, no response to your retort.

"Wait here." He got up to retrieve something and came back with a few napkins in his hand.

Taking a napkin, he dabbed under your chin and made his way to the sides of you mouth.

Breathe. Act Normal.

You tried to steady your breaths as you felt his touch upon your face.

"Well at least clean yourself then."

"Uhm thanks." You swallowed thickly and took the napkins out of his hand to throw them away.

Shit.

Later...

The teams went back to practicing. Earlier you noticed the upperclassmen eyeing Tsukishima and you couldn't help but wonder what that was about.

Karasuno was up against Ubugawa and despite the team's hard work, they were behind.

You could see some improvement from the new tactics and techniques the team was experimenting with. Especially Hinata who was getting way better with reading where the ball was going. However, there was still one person who didn't make any effort to improve.

Karasuno lost to Ubugawa and as they did running penalties, coach Ukai and Takeda pulled you aside.

"L/n-san we have a favor to ask of you, if you don't mind." Takeda said.

The coach sighed, "Eh, you're close with specs right?" He motioned to Tsukishima.

"Yes? But at the same time no..."

"Look, you're the only other person than Yamaguchi that he purposely hangs around. So kid, can you talk some motivation into him?"

You just stared at the two adults.

"He's got brains but doesn't put it to use. Maybe he'd listen to you more than us since- well you know."