17: Summer's End

The summer training camp came to an end meaning the school year would also resume soon.

The teams gathered for a barbecue to celebrate the end of the camp. After that it was time
to head home.

The teams lined up and said their goodbyes and boarded their buses for a long drive.

"Goodbye!" The teams' managers were huddled in a circle as they said their goodbyes, eyes all teary.

"Oh c'mon you're all acting like we'll never see each other again." You laughed then felt a tap on your shoulder.

"Uhm I just wanted to say goodbye and I hope you enjoy the game I recommended."

"I started it last night! I like it so far. I'll tell you what I think when I finish it. I'll see you around Kenma."

You waved at your new friends and boarded the bus.

Seems like life's good here so far.

Tsukishima was the only one who was on the bus and you took the seat next to him.

"You're not going to say goodbye?" You asked.

"No need if I'm going to see them again."

"Well hopefully next time you see them, you'll be able to demolish them, right~?"

"Tch." He looked away, knowing that you were referencing the conversation you had a few nights ago.

You smiled knowing that at least he remembers the conversation.

A Few Days Later...

It's been a few days since you've come home from the training camp. It would be about a week and a half until school started again and Coach Ukai said that the club should take this time to rest.

You woke up to another morning, empty of the noise you were used to. The chirping birds woke you up and you yawned as you opened the window.

Bzzt.
Bzzt.
Bzzt.
Bz-
Bz-

"Ugh what the heck-"

You stumbled over, half-lidded to where your phone was charging near the bed.

Ritsu is #1

Ritsu
HEY Y/N YOU'RE BACK IN TOWN RIGHT?!
LET'S MEET UP WE ALL MISS YOU!!
MRS. YAMANAKA MISSES YOU TOO
CAN'T WAIT
🤭🤭

Mio
Shut up Ritsu.

Y/n
i'd love to meet up soon :]

Ritsu
HEHE OK
How about tmr at 3? Everyone up for that?

Y/n
yeah that's a good time for me
+3 reached with

You shut your phone and slumped back on the bed.

Once a few minutes passed, you decided to have some breakfast. Two slices of toast with jam and milk tea.

"Oops I bought too much strawberries." You muttered as you opened the fridge to retrieve some milk.

After breakfast you decided to play some songs on your dad's acoustic guitar in the backyard.

You looked around the house while making it to the back door. You've been slowly unpacking and decorating the house and it's been starting to feel more like a home.