5: Why are you Around Me so Much?

It was your official first day conducting your role as the manager for the Karasuno volleyball team. You were seated at the bench once again as you observed the players. You didn't have much background of how they played before, and since there were already two managers taking notes, you helped toss the balls in the air for the boys to hit.

Am I doing this right?

You tossed volleyballs above the net for each player to spike. You ears rang as each player hit the ball, making a loud SMACK! as it hit the floor. You wondered how a person could hit something that hard.

How can they receive that my gods.

Next up was Tsukishima. You tossed the ball in the air and he jumped up, hitting the ball over the net. It landed on the other side, but there was no passion in that spike whatsoever. It made a very weak sound as it hit the floor.

"Uhhm." Coach Ukai stroked his chin.

"The hell was that Tsukishima?" Hinata asked, but he just sighed and shrugged it off. The ginger blocked him and started waving his arms around. "Dude you're putting all that height to waste!"

"Get out of my way shrimpy."

You've noticed the way Tsukishima acted when he played volleyball. Compared to everyone else, he didn't seem to care, it was like he didn't want to be there. Although you've only been there for three practices, he stood out to you, and that wasn't a compliment. You looked at Coach Ukai to see if he would say anything. The coach glanced at you and slowly shook his head.

"Next!"

You tossed the ball. You were disappointed in him. He had the brains and the height. But why? Why is he even on the team if he isn't going to put in 100% effort with every move. You shook out the thought. You'll confront him eventually.

Practice/Project Time

You and Tsukishima were walking home when you saw four figures waiting outside your gate.

Oh shoot.

"Tsukishima," You whispered, "I forgot, I'm going to have people over to practice. I don't think it'll be long though."

"So you're going to make me do all the work?"

"Huh? No, here," You unzipped your backpack, pulling out a folder, "Here I've already written a draft for half of the act."

"Tch." He snatched the folder out of your hand.

"Is that Y/n?" You heard one of the four figures say, causing all of them to turn your way.

"H-hey guys. Sorry for being la-"

"Y/N!" A girl with brown hair and a yellow headband put her arms around you and gave you a hug.

"RITSU CALM DOWN." A girl with long black hair said, pulling her off you.

"Haha, it's ok, really. I'm glad to meet you guys." You took a step back and examined them all. "Let's go inside."

You lead them inside, and took of your shoes. The door closed and everyone looked back.

A girl with blonde hair whispered to you. "Is he supposed to be here?" She had the sweetest voice.

"Oh right, uhm this is Tsukishima, he's my neighbor and we were paired for a project."

The girls waved at him and you pointed over to the living room where they could sit.

"Tsukishima sorry," You told him, "It should only take an hour and a half, you can stay in my room if you want."

"Well I bet your perception of time is rather inaccurate."