Episode 34 "The Secret in the Soil" Part 2

Start from the beginning

We watch as he closes his eyes as he says, "Follow the anger, all right? Feel it? Feel it softening. You feel that?" We watch as he smiles as I try not to chuckle as he opens his eyes looking at us. I started to snicker first as the other two follow me as well, as Sweets says, "Very mature guys." I then say, "I'm sorry Sweets... it's just you were really into it." Booth phone rings as we looked at him. He picks it up and says, "Got to run, Sweets. Got the call. Let's boogie, Bones, Blueberry." They stand up as I stay seated as Booth says, "And, um, look, next time, you really should tell me if there's going to be an essay on the test." The exited the door as I stay in put looking at Sweets as he looks at the other two in dismay. 

I then say, "Don't worry you will get used to it Sweets." He sighs as I say, "We could try to continue this therapy thing without them if you want." "That's really generous of you Venus." "No worry, that's what friends are for." We then hear someone entering the door as we look seeing Booth there again. Sweets then asks, "Do you need something Agent Booth or are you finally going to finish the session." "No... I came her for the other kid." We both then ask, "Other kid?" We watch as he comes around the couch and picks me up and throws me over his shoulder and walks back to the door as I say, "Sorry Sweets... I will try to get them to stay here a bit longer than this time. Bye." I smile and give him a waive as he waves back as we left the room and meet up Temp that is waiting for us by the car.

We made it back to the compost facility as we walk over to it. Booth then says, "Oh, God, I'm never going to get over that smell." We walk up to Hodgins who looks like a child in a playground as he says, "This place is awesome. The thermophilic bacteria content is off the charts." Booth then says, "No security cameras. Too high-tech for the granola crowd. That means we have about 100 suspects." Temp then asks, "Are you coming in?" "No- you know what? That's your thing. And I'll just, uh, mess things up if I come up there." We then hear crunching under Hodgins as he says, "Whoa. Oh! I just heard a crunch. Definitely not plant life." He bends down and starts moving the compost over to another side, "I'd love to try this feeding fungi." It then reveals the other body as Temp says, "That's adipocere." Booth then asks, "Is that good or bad?" I then say, "Good for us. Bad for the victim." Temp then examines them, "Female, probably in her early 20s." I then add, "If we attribute rapid decomposition to the microbial activity of the compost pile..." Temp pipes in again, "She's been dead about the same time as Curtis." Booth adds, "Even dead, Frank was lying with another woman."

I'm in Temps office doing reviewing some paperwork as Booth comes inside, "Okay, so Margie said Frank kept an office in town. Turns out that office was an apartment." We looked at him as Temp adds, "Where he took his women." I chuckle, "Or all of his kids" I say jokingly. Booth laughs, "Nice, but were going with Bones on this one." I nod as he then says, "Come on, let's go to the apartment." Temp and I stand up and head towards the door as she say, "You know I used that device once in one of my novels, and my editor thought it was trite." Booth laughed a bit, "Ha! Maybe it was Frank's take on being environmentally friendly, making a friendly environment. Get it." I laugh nodding as Temp does not saying, "Apparently not."

We made it to the apartment as Temp and I already have our gloves on as Booth was struggling a bit to put his on. "Okay. You know, I really hate these gloves." Temp and I walk in and start looking around as he looks at the door handle. "No. No sign of forced entry." Temp sees glasses and picks them up. "These sunglass frames are made of bamboo." Booth then asks, "Oh, is that weird?" "Well, most frames are made of metal or plastic, sometimes vinyl." Booth laughs, "Maybe they belong to the Eco Avenger." Temp asks, "Who?" "Frank. Toiletries in the bathroom, bra hanging over the shower rod. Definitely a woman living here." I then say pointing the UV light on the coffee table. "Dried blood on the coffee table." "Let's call forensics and have the place swept." Temp then says, "Send everything to the..." Booth cuts her off finishing her sentence, "To the Jeffersonian, yup. Got it." "Including the whole..." He did it again, "Yeah, the entire coffee table. Here... Here we go. Take out receipt from, uh, two weeks ago. Hop Lee's Chinese Kitchen. Name on the credit card- Emma Billings." I see a picture on the refrigerator as I say, "Ranger?" "Yeah." "I think we found our second victim." "Emma Billings."