Izzy laughed quietly beside me and rubbed his forehead.

"Oh, god." He mumbled under his breath.

Ingrid rolled her eyes.

"Yeah, my parents are dorks."

"Excuse me? Lady, if you want to hang out with your friends you better behave yourself or we can send her home and you can get on with that science assignment that's due next week." Izzy said sternly.

Ah, the joys of parenthood, right? Ingrid if you hadn't already guessed, was just starting to go through the "I'm-so-cool-too-cool-for-school" and "early-double-digits-means-I'm-a-teen-now" phase, and Izzy hadn't been very happy about it. I wasn't too concerned as I had also gone through my own sulky stage when I was roughly her age. It was just a normal, and no doubt hormonal phase that any kid eventually went through, and I knew deep down that Ingrid was, all in all, a good kid.

Ingrid sighed loudly and Tiffany looked terrified and somewhat amazed at Ingrid's confidence.

"Sor-ry." She scoffed

"Hey, watch it," Izzy said lowering his voice and pointing a finger right at Ingrid.

I spun around quickly and winced at Izzy.

"Just let her go. Don't be one of those cranky parents straight away in front of her new friend." I whispered.

"Anyway, we just came in to tell you we're going for a quick bike ride. See you." The girls shuffled around and walked out of sight until we heard the front door slam shut.

"I don't like her attitude lately." Izzy sounded worried, "She's been the best kid; well behaved, shy and everything; where has this behaviour of hers slipped through? I mean what if she turns into those high school clichés that dates the guy on the football team and she's the cheerleader leader and..." he rubbed his eyes, clearly getting stressed out.

"Hey," I wrapped my arms around him and rested my head on his chest, "she'll be fine she's just going through that stage that all girls go through eventually. Even I went through it, Iz. Also, I'm pretty sure those clichés you're thinking about only exist in the movies."

He smiled half-heartedly.

"You went through a phase?"

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure any kid goes through some sort of-"

"Well, then we should be worried! Look at the way you've turned out!" Izzy interrupted me.

He squeezed my shoulders and let slip that same cheeky smirk that had made me turn to goo over 15 years ago.

Because of that smirk, I just couldn't help myself and I leapt towards him. Surprisingly, he caught me in time before I face-planted, and I crashed my lips into his while tangling my hands through his hair.

Without warning, he suddenly, yet deliberately, collapsed on the grass, with me falling on top, but he then flipped us over. He crawled over the top of me, nestling himself between my legs, and pulled them up to wrap around his waist, as he lowered his lips to mine. I couldn't help but moan into his mouth when he started to grind against me, and I felt his lips curl against my mouth.

"OH MY GOD EW!" A voice screamed from behind us, making us both jump out of our skin.

Izzy turned his head around and I looked over his shoulder to see our daughter wincing with her hand over her eyes.

"Ingrid!" Izzy squeaked.

"I just came back to get my helmet and you guys are... doing that on the lawn. Ew!" She shuddered.