Minding Baby

Robyn's POV:

The rest of the weekend was okay and restful but now I was back in my courtroom ready to wrap this trial up! Beyonce had an emergency with Tina this morning and needed to go with her so I had to take my Baby to work with me for a little bit before Megan could get her since she had a presentation this morning at her job she couldn't miss. My Baby didn't like the sudden change in routine, but she was happy to go with me to work. Luckily my desk was tiered off and I had a little spot where she could sit and not be seen but be right next to me. I had my assistant bring in some fruit for her to snack on while court started. Nika had her headphones on and was watching her I-pad that was playing a movie while holding my hand that was next to her.

The lawyers started their arguments, and I tried my best not to tune it out. This was such a clear-cut case but it was too much drama and feelings involved on both sides. After cross examination and the jury getting some of their questions answered I was ready for lunch and so was my Baby who had long finished her movie and was lying in my lap wanting lunch too. Everyone cleared the court room and my assistant came over and gave me a quick recap because I did space out like twice before Nika and I went to the bathroom and then across the street to the Mexican restaurant. I got a burrito bowl and Nika got a meal quesadilla and we got grape soda. We ate in my office and called to check on Bey who was still with Tina. I finished my lunch and saw that Nika had maybe a fourth of hers. I felt bad because it meant her stomach was acting up. Nika's stomach would cramp sometimes for days and she couldn't eat more than a few bites or she'd be in pain or throw up. I looked Nika's bag and saw that her medication wasn't in there and sighed.

Nika and I brushed our teeth in my private bathroom before Nika whined wanting a nap. Thankfully Megan came in with Starbucks for me relieving me of Daddy duties.

"Thanks for the coffee, Suga."

"You're welcome, Rob. Ready to go Nika?"

Nika frowned and shook her head and through her pacifier asked for 'Mommy'. I saw Suga bite her lip, but I reached over and rubbed her arm.

"It's okay. She's just tired and wants her titties." I grin thinking of Beyonce's titties, I wanted them too.

"Well, she won't get anything, but you can suckle mine if you want Nika." Suga said with a grin.

Nika frowned at the idea and Suga wrapped her arms around her. Nika whined as she was picked up and Megan started rubbing her back. She grumbled and put her face into the crook of Megan's neck.

I gave Megan a kiss and tossed Nika's blanket over her and they left. I went back to my appointed chair and crossed my fingers that the rest of the day would move smoothly.

--

Megan's POV:

Nika was quiet in the truck, just yawning and rubbing her eyes and I felt bad. I knew she wanted Bey since she was used to her but I just wanted her to be okay with me too.

I reached back and rubbed her knee until we got home. At home, we went up to the bedroom and I took off my hot sweater, leaving me in my bra and tights and sat on the bed with Nika. She almost asleep so I just held her close and wrapped us in the throw blanket on the bed. I gave Nika a few soft pecks and she relaxed and laid there quietly with her pacifier. I noticed that she was holding her stomach and spoke.

"What's the matter with your belly, Bookie?"

"...Hungry."

"Oh, I can make you something to eat Bookie, what would you like?"