Dog Bites

Megan's POV:

I woke up a six with a headache. Those ribs were salty but I didn't want to waste them and had too much of it. I had taken some Advil but couldn't sleep so I stayed up on my phone. Looking past the screen I could some little eyes looking back at me. I sat up and shined my phone on Nika who was awake behind Rob.

"You up Bookie? You okay."

Nika shook her head 'No' and I carefully got up and helped her up and we walked out of the room. In her room. She pointed to her head and said it hurt and I kissed her forehead. I went into the bathroom and got her some Tylenol to take. She whined at the idea of taking medication and I sighed. Couldn't bribe her with the boobs like Bey did so I thought of the next best thing.

"If you take this, I'll buy you a new stuffie."

"No."

"Come on Bookie, would you rather you head hurt? I'll give you a Poptart."

"No!"

"Nika, you have to take it or you'll feel like crap all day. Now just please take them and stop being stubborn."

Nika took the tablets from me and put them in her mouth and dry swallowed them. I handed her the little dixie cup of water and she shook her head and covered herself up with the comforter. I sighed and spoke lowly.

"I'm sorry Nika, I know you don't like medicine but you were being stubborn. You have a headache because the ribs last night were too salty for you. I have headache too."

"Mama mad at Nika."

"I'm not mad Nika, I just wanted you to take it. I'm sorry if you didn't like my tone Bookie. I love you. I'm not mad at you, okay?"

Nika didn't say anything, and I could hear her sucking hard on her pacifier under the comforter. I sigh and rub her back and soon she fell asleep. I left her room and went to take a hot shower. In just my robe, I went down to the kitchen and started breakfast. I made French toast, cooked strawberries for topping, and turkey sausage. I was finishing up as Rob came down with Beyonce. I made them a plate and Rob spoke.

"Thank you Suga, this looks good."

"Thanks Meg." Bey said with a smile.

"You're welcome. Nika had a headache this morning from the ribs. I gave her some meds but she's mad at me."

"You should have woken me up Suga I would have bribed her with a boob."

"Yeah, I know but I just wanted her to feel better. I was a little rough in my tone so she thought I was mad at her and hid under her comforter."

Rob and Bey sighed looking at their plates before Rob took my hand and rubbed it.

"It's okay Megan, she needed to take some medication or she'd be in pain. Sometimes you have to get stern. She'll be okay."

"I know Rob, I still felt bad about that though."

"It's okay Megan. She'll be over it when she wakes up. We have to get ready after this though. I made the mistake of volunteering us to help set up a little for the party."

"Should we bring a change of clothes Bey?" I ask.

"Naw, we'll just be blowing up balloons and helping Mama in the kitchen."

Rob and I nod and finished eating before Bey went upstairs to check on Nika. Rob grabbing my thigh under the table and made me look up.

"You naked under this?"