chapter 29.

sinful

sinful.
⸻ [ 章 29 ] 。
for you, for us. ❜

||

Jungwon has been acting weird for the past two weeks. He disappeared behind the door of the piano room, often hummed something under his breath. At times, he was often absent from home.

I was worried about him, because he came back slightly exhausted, and often on the verge of fury. However, as he looked at me, he smiled gently, and cuddled against my body despite the obvious pain. I asked him many times to tell me what it was, but he said it was a surprise. I wasn't sure if I wanted it. Not when he was suffering.

When Jungwon was gone, a brother of his always appeared, and the dogs were lowered to defend the house from the attacker. I had to admit, that I was afraid. The men were very cautious. Every sound made them ready to attack.

"Jake, tell me finally what's going on." I growled furious, when everyone dismissed my question as always. I was just worried. Maybe it was because of my stupid human trait, but I couldn't just look at Jungwon, and nothing notice.

In addition, I knew that the only person who would be with this issue honestly, was the man with the puppy face in front of me. I looked sharply into his eyes, trying to force an answer on him. "I told you, that you have to let go of all your feelings. Jungwon didn't do that, and now he is suffering.." he said, playing with the cup between his fingers, "Those feelings are gonna get him killed." he whispered under his breath.

"And this is all driving him to this state? His feelings for me?" I couldn't understand anything.

"He's trying to do something, that is almost impossible without a sacrifice." he replied, looking out the window, "He hit the road of no return and now, instead of hurting others, he hurts himself." he looked into my eyes, making me unable to swallow.

"But.." I broke off, unable to put my thoughts into words, "I am not angry at you. Neither do any of the brothers, though we should. Our brother will die, because of stupid those feelings." Jake sighed, "But it was he who made it happen. He is already grown up, and smart. That feeling overwhelmed him even before he got you. So please, don't feel guilty," he explained, not looking at me.

"You just need to support him. This is the best you can do now." he touched my hand gently, and smiled. And for the first time, I didn't reciprocate it. I was fucking scared for him. It wasn't normal.