chapter 18.

sinful

sinful.
⸻ [ 章 18 ] 。
mother's longing. ❜

||

"Did you like it?" Jungwon asked as I changed after dinner with his brothers, and went downstairs to help him clean up.

"Well.. your brothers are unusual." I laughed under my breath, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"A soft word," his pleasant laugh answered me, "What would you like to do tomorrow?" he asked me as he carried the dishes to the kitchen.

I sighed, "Everything I want is forbidden since I met you."

"I can't believe you're even more limited than before. After all, I will let you do everything." he smiled.

"Then let me go." I looked at him hopefully, "It still doesn't change." he murmured, taking the plates.

"Are your dogs down?" I asked, picking up the cutlery.

"Yeah." he replied, busy putting dishes in the sink.

"Jake said you raised them to be 'bloodthirsty' beasts," I laughed, sitting down for a moment and looking curiously at the man, "Why?" I asked.

"Well, I had to leave my Maeumi with my father," he smiled at the mention of the animal. "He couldn't come with me.. He's a good dog too, but I couldn't do that to him. So I got new dogs as a gift. They are born of hatred, and obey only one owner. They're ready to kill everyone. This is my defense, angel. But they're really lovely pets," he assured, looking at you.

"Yeah, I noticed." I smiled, walking up to the man with the cutlery, "If you want, you can go out and watch the night sky. I can handle it by myself." he suggested.

"Really? I don't want to leave you with it." I said, unconvinced, "Go, I know how much you love doing this." he replied softly, and I nodded.