chapter 02.

sinful

sinful.
⸻ [ 章 02 ] 。
darkness. ❜

||

I ran quickly into the house, and shut the door leaning my back against it. I slid to the cold floor, couldn't catch my breath. As the entrance closed, all sounds stopped, and a the silence rang in my head.

What was that?  

I gulped, and headed to the kitchen to drink something. When I stepped into the room, while turning on the lights, I jumped, almost falling to the ground.

"Are you completely stupid?!" my mother shouted, getting up from chair. I closed my eyes, calming my heart, and I stepped inside the room, grabbing a glass to drink some water.

"But I made it." I muttered, and drank some cold water. I felt the drink running down my throat, leaving a nice feeling.

My mom glared at me furiously. "Don't provoke me to punish you, Sohyun," she threatened me with her finger, "You're already an adult. You should know it's dangerous. Even when you know the History."

"I know, mom. I'm sorry. My manager stopped me at work, and I couldn't leave earlier." I scratched my neck, feeling kind of guilty.

I knew how much she was worried, and almost died from the stress, when I was gone for too long. I didn't want her to go through the same thing she had, when my father disappeared. And while I didn't really believe this story, if it made her feel a bit more calmer, I could sort myself out for it.

"I told you in the morning, that the sun goes down faster today," she sighed, and sat back on the chair. "Please, be more careful next time." she added, looking at me gently.

"Yeah, I'll remember." I smiled, "I'll go wash up. I got tired, and I'm all sweaty from running all the way here from the café." I laughed softly, and run up stairs to my room.