chapter 03.

sinful

sinful.
⸻ [ 章 03 ] 。
the unreal gaze. ❜

||

I was huddled on my bed, scared. It was just an unfunny, little joke, that someone decided to make, right? It was just that someone was lost, or maybe I had a stalker, and that was it. These things happens afterall.

I was breathing deeply, unable to calm down. I had delusions, this was from the fatigue.

In my head, I've already come with million different explanations, and scenarios to which thing could happen. It was simple. Some partygoer has made a stop in front of my house. And the fact that he was looking at my window was just a coincidence! And I just imagined the look in the eyes.

But how could I possibly see it from so far..?

Couldn't take it anymore, pushing with a strange desire to know something more about this weird situation, I shifted on my knees towards the window. My skin slid pleasantly on the soft sheets, scraping it delicately. I heard that soft whisper again, so I stopped. I wanted to hear him, but I couldn't catch a single word. I was sure that if I moved a little closer, I'd be able to hear something.

Another scuffle on the sheets, making a soft noise. And as I came closer, the whisper grew stronger, but I still didn't understand anything. A bit irritated by this, I reached behind the blinds again.

But at the last moment, thanks God I removed my hands.

"What are you doing? Come on, do it. I know you want to see me." the soft whisper turned into intelligible words.

Frightened, I jumped away from the window, and almost squealed. I covered my mouth with my hands, to keep it from emitting any sound.

I looked around the room for someone who said these words. Maybe it was my mom who was scaring me, because she knew that I was looking outside the window every night even when I shouldn't?