Part 15.

The middle of July was here and Morgan had left for Puerto Rico almost a week ago and ever since then I had been mopeing around the house like I lost my best friend. We texted each other every second and I couldn't stop smiling. I had told her that before I go away for orientation I would come up there to visit for a few days.

"Dylan you know mom is not gonna let you go alone especially without me so just let me come"Kylie insisted. She had been following me around the house all day asking to come to PR with me. Her and kat are going through something and she's trying to figure out her feelings for her and she claimed she needed a distraction.

"you just wanna come" I mocked her "Yes I do," She said "It's not gonna fix you and kat," I told her "So, I just need something to do to get my mind off of her not being here and not thinking about me and not being with me" She paced

One thing about kylie, she was never a nervous wreck. She always had her mind made up of things, always sure of herself and she always knew what to do. Some people at school used to call her mom.

"Fine, I'll get your ticket but whatever happens there stays there understand," I told her "You're the worst liar ever but I won't tell if you won't" She promised 

Later, it started to rain really bad and the house was dark. Me and Morgan were on facetime when her lights in the house went out and she had said it happens sometimes but they're used to it.

Something about it being dark where I am and where she was, was relaxing like both of our worlds had stood still for each other for a minute.

"I miss you" I heard her whisper through the phone. The rain made me sleepy but I still managed to reply to her. 

"I miss you too what" I laughed "I miss you more," I told her

I turned on my led lights so that she can see me somewhat. She had candles lit all over her room.

"That looks so dangerous," I told her she sighed "This is what grandma does so I don't bother with it" 

Her grandma was nice and she loved me. She said that I was good for morgan.

I heard the door open on her side "Don't stay up too late with that boy" I heard her stepfather say "He has a name" Morgan shot back rolling her eyes 

"Don't let me take the phone morgan" He snapped. 

Asshole.

He closed the door and Morgan went about what she was doing "Fucking prick" She whispered 

I felt her pain and in no way was I looking forward to seeing him while I was there. I had told her he makes me have second thoughts about coming but morgan insisted she wanted to see me and I couldn't not go because of him.

"He's only like that because he and my mom got into an argument so" She shrugged 

We fell asleep on the phone and when I woke up it wasn't raining but I had to pack and I had 8 Hour flight that I wasn't prepared for but there was something else important that I had to do and I was on the top of my list of getting shit done today.

I grabbed my bike from the garage and headed downtown. I had beat the rush of everyone arriving at work and stood at the door for someone to come and open it. There was only one jewelry store in town that had exactly what I needed and one of my mom's friends worked there.

"Dylan, what a surprise," Kate said holding her coffee and keys in her hand "Hey Kate, how's it going?" I asked smiling back at her "Uh I should be asking you assuming it's summer vacation and you're here at 8 in the morning" She joked 

"I'm just browsing" I lied. She opened it and let me in.

"So who's the lucky lady?" She asked putting her stuff down. I looked around admiring all the fancy pieces they had.

"Morgan," I said looking up. "Jesus seems like you guys have been together forever but not really?" She asked "Exactly," I told her. Me and Morgan grew up together and we knew how we felt about each other since starting high school. Sometimes our feeling got ignored by other people but they never went away.

I browsed through the ring section and found a silver ring. There were small hints of blue wrapped into the silver leading up to one big diamond. It was perfect. I stood there staring at it for what felt like hours. 

"I want this one," I told her pointing at it. she looked at it and then stared up at me with serious eyes. "Dylan" She started. I looked up at her with the same expression 

"Can you hold it for me until I get back from my trip, I can put a deposit down for it" I told her. She snapped out of her gaze "Y-Yes of course honey I can hold it for you no problem" She looked back at me again. 

"Dylan, do you realize what ring this is?" She asked 

I smiled at her "Yeah I know" I started 

"It's an engagement ring"