BABYSITTING GONE WRONG

While everyone was very involved with science stuff, Nora grabbed a stool and called Pepper to know how this Tony GPS was working. It was rather easy, and it appeared that Tony was flying pretty fast. He was lucky that no other government than the US one wanted to force him into the Avengers again and weren’t saying anything when he flew over a dozen European countries. 

She sat next to the two guest Peters and sighed. 

“I feel so dumb right now,” she said, holding her head in the palm of her hand. “And I have two doctorates.”

“Oh, wow,” Peter said, the obvious middle child one. “In what field ?”

"Literature."

Oh,” he quickly said. “But you have fire, it’s pretty cool. Is there magic in my world too ?”

She lifted her head up and shrugged. “I hope not. Maybe your Nora Keller is happy.”

Thinking about it was comforting. That somewhere, there was a happy version of herself. 

Ned rolled to them with his chair and looked at the older Peter. “So, do you have a best friend too ?”

Peter glanced at him before turning back to his work. “I did. He died in my arms after he tried to kill me.” He casually dropped something in his tube. “It was heartbreaking.”

The other Peter and Nora exchanged a quick look, and Ned rolled away as fast as he came to them. Nora looked at Peter and scoffed. 

“Did you have to say it like that ? You’re the older one, be careful with the kids.”

“Yeah, you were super dramatic with the whole betrayal thing,” Peter added. 

“That’s how it happened.”

After checking that both Peters were old enough to drink coffee, Nora left, in a quest to find some caffeine. It had been a long day, and she was close to implosion. She had to burn the lock on the teacher’s lounge to find a coffee machine, and mentally noted to send them some money for a new one. 

She came back to the lab, handing them everything she managed to find for them to eat and drink, and went back to her chair. As she was sipping on her coffee, she started looking at Peter and MJ. 

“How come two teenagers have a healthier relationship than me,” she sighed. 

“At least you have a relationship,” Peter said next to her. 

“Hm. It’s complicated.” She looked at him and frowned. “You’re young, you should be dating around.” She stopped and let out a heavy sigh. “God, I sound like a grandmother.”

He laughed and shook his head. “I got no time. Too much Peter Parker stuff.” He turned to the other Peter. “Do you have someone ?”

“It’s a little… complicated, too.”

“I understand,” he replied. “I guess it’s just not on the cards for guys like us.”

“I wouldn’t give up,” the other one said. “It took a while, but we made it work, me and MJ. My MJ.”

Nora looked at the young one and arched a brow. “How long has it been ? Since Gwen.”

“Few years.”

“Go to therapy, and then I guess you’ll find an MJ when you’re ready,” she said with a smile. 

Ned called on Peter, for what was probably the most surreal conversation of Nora’s life. It was even worse than meeting the woman who created her ring. She was sitting there, in a room with three versions of a kid she was supposed to protect. Her head was even starting to hurt.