A BUSY WOMAN

“Ms Keller, do you know why you’re here today ?”

Nora snorted. “‘Cause you’re all terrified I’m gonna lose my shit and turn all Wanda on you.”

“Are you ?” the therapist asked. “I talked to your friend, Mr Wong and-”

“He’s not my friend,” she immediately said. “Don’t ever talk about him again,” she added. 

Their eyes met, and he nodded. “Of course,” he said, staring at the fire in her eyes. “You won’t be cleared to work on your father’s death.”

Murder,” she said. “It was murder. Please, use the right words.” Nora looked at the window. “I’m very aware why they won’t let me work on the case,” she added, already bored. 

She had things to do, and she was once again stuck on this stupid couch, with a man who already decided that she was now actively dangerous. It was pointless. 

He looked through his notes and arched a brow. “I see you haven’t had any contact with your family since the incident.”

Murder,” she corrected, glaring at him. “I told you to call it as it is. I won’t say it again. And no, they don’t want to see me.”

“And ?”

“And what ?”

“Are you okay with that ?”

“Oh, yeah,” Nora laughed. “It’s perfect, actually. Because all I’ve ever wanted was for my family to hate me for being responsible for my father’s death. How do you think I’m fucking dealing with that ?” she asked, rolling her eyes at him. “You really have a PhD for that ?”

“You still don’t want to cooperate,” he stated, taking a few more notes. “I don’t think this type of behavior will get you anywhere.”

“If I cooperate, will your people stop following me when I go grocery shopping ? They could at least help me get everything out of the car.”

“They’re not my people,” he scoffed.

“You’re working for the government. They’re working for the government. You’re colleagues.”

“They’re here for protection,” he said. 

“Mine ? Or everyone else’s?” Nora asked with a smirk. “You do know that I’m actually incapable of Westviewing anything, right ?”

“But you’re very capable of burning the entire state of Washington if you so decide,” he snapped back. “We know you’ve been in contact with Tony Stark. What was it about ?”

Nora laughed. “You got my phone registry ? Really ? Shit, you know I can teleport, right ? I’ll just stop using my phone altogether.”

“What was it about ?”

“I wanted to know how his daughter was doing,” Nora replied. “Are you familiar with the concept of friendship or just plain stupid ?”

“You called him the same day your request regarding the current state of the investigation concerning your father’s murder was denied.”

“Is this a therapy session or an interrogation ? Do I need a lawyer ? I’ve done nothing wrong.”

Yet.”

“You know,” Nora started, leaning forward, “I used to just dislike you. Now I completely hate your guts.” Nora stood from the couch and pointed at the therapist. “For the last time, I’m not Wanda Maximoff. I’d never hurt innocent people, is that clear ?” She took a deep breath, trying to remain calm. “I’m leaving now. I won’t come back. As far as I’m concerned, you can go fuck yourself.”