33

The two ladies got inside the chamber mostly Yona helping Amethyst change to another pair of clothing she could wear back to the party, while Kien is spaced out the whole time after the big entrance of the two main leads which Amethyst also noticed but didn't get much thought about it, as she shrugged it off while making Kien wait outside the chambers.

The albino guy stood there in daze but got cut off as he caught something suspicious movement around the bushes across the window where he stood. He look back at the closed doors of the chambers before heading out to look for the thing on that bush.

It's pretty dark outside and all knowing that most kinds of these aristocratic gathering were held at night as if these people are some sort of vampires, but the fact that the aristocratic society deemed being "pale" is equivalent to being "beautiful" so most of them tried their best to not to step out much to the sun so they could sustain the "beauty" of their skin (yeah even here they got racism) so it would be so much known  for them if some foreign people steep into the empire with the difference of beauty and aesthetic standard.

Nearing around the bush Kien suddenly snap to his side and caught the raven who tried to sneak an attack on him with bare hands. He chuckled darkly as he saw the pupils of the bird - red.

"I know it is you the whole time..." He said clenching down the birds neck

"It would be a surprise if you don't" a familiar yet mature husky voice rang across the birds peak, it didn't even tried to break free off the albino's suffocating grip.

"Stop being a creep and leave her alone." He warned looking straight to the birds eyes, but silence only answer him back. Getting irritated by the silence he was about to snap the birds neck when a sick laugh radiated to it.

"Ohhh don't be funny, sorry, I just found it ironic coming to a traitor who willingly submit to the person she hates." The voice snap back venomously.

"I didn't, it's for her own safety. Unlike you who'll gonna ruin everything with whatever you've been plan on doing,and I swear you should better-" the albino snap out but then got cut off by a much powerful tone.

"Better what?? Hah, so you got the nerve now to get in the way."

"If it's means her safety and you being hidden then yes. I do, I'll always do." Kien said seriously determined to fight whatever it takes.

"Yeah yeah, as long as you know. she's mine. So better not fall too deeper than your so called friendship"  low dangerous chuckle finally ended the talk as the raven vanish into a small black and red butterfly scattering around as it slip through the albino's hand.

This is fucked up he thought brushing his hand into his white hair staring at the space

I guess he does actually have some mommy issues over there that need to be fixed or else he'll end up just like his father. The albino smirked to himself remembering the look in the Empress' face.