Part 70. Carlos had a bad day.

Y/n's POV:

"Cami.. we can get caught.."
"If you don't want to do this, we don't have to."
"That's not it.. I'm just worried, that's all."
"I see... It's alright, cariño!" Camilo laid next to me, his shirt still off.
I felt kind of bad.. and awkward afterwards, but I seriously did not want to get caught..
"..So... Want to go see my brother? Just for a little? I haven't see him since he was grounded."
"Sure!"
Camilo put his shirt back on and we head for Carlos' room. Camilo opens the door. We both see Carlos on the ground with Mel... smoking pot. Carlos' eyes were red, so we're Mel's.
"I see you two are having fun?" Camilo sits on the ground in front of them.
Carlos nods his head. I notice burns all over Mel.
"Mel, you seriously need to be careful. There are burns all over you." I sit next to Camilo.
"It's okay.. Look at what I brought!" Mel pulls a small radio out from his pocket.
"That's the tiniest radio I've ever seen." Camilo looks at the radio.
"Let's play music!" Mel plays a random song.
We all stopped and realized what was playing on full volume. CPR was playing..
"Turn that off! Mom is going to hear!" Camilo attempts to turn the radio off.
CPR kept playing, and I think Camilo turned the volume up. Mel yanks the radio from Camilo and turns it off. We all freeze and turn towards the door when we heard footsteps getting closer to the room.
"It's mom!" Carlos screeches.
"Mel, get under the bed! And bring the pot with you!" Camilo says in a panic.
The door opens. Pepa is standing there with her arms folded.
"What was that, that I heard playing?!"
"It was an accident!" Camilo says.
"I don't want to hear that in this house. Got it?!"
"Sí, mamá! I'm sorry!"
"...Hold on. Carlos, why are your eyes red?"
"He's tired!" Camilo says.
"I want to hear it from him! Answer, Carlos!"
Carlos looks over to Camilo, scared. I think Carlos knows he sounds high.
"I-I'm tired!"
"Get up and walk in a straight line!"
Carlos stands.
"My hand is locked to the bed, dumba-" Carlos covers his mouth with one hand.
"What did you say?!"
"...C-Can you unlock this so I can walk in a straight line?" Carlos was sweating.
Our mother left the room to go grab the key.
"Oooo- you almost just called your mom a dumbass!" Mel laughed from underneath the bed.
"She is one. I just didn't want to get into more trouble.." Carlos is on the verge of a panic attack, I can tell.
Pepa came back and unlocked Carlos.
"Walk."
Carlos tried putting his heal in front of his other foot but he lost his balance and almost fell. Carlos stretches his arms out to his side to try and gain more balance. He looks to his feet. Another step... Carlos' eyes were still red. He was walking so slowly towards his mother. His legs were shaking with every step. When he finally reaches Pepa he catches himself by holding onto her arms.
"Look at you. You're high. Your eyes are bloodshot, you can't talk normally and you can't even walk five feet."
"I'm not high!"
"Where did you get it?"
"I'm not high!"
"Carlos Madrigal! Tell me now!" She shoved him back.
Carlos leans forward and holds his stomach. He starts to puke right in front of Pepa. Pepa's face has disgust written all over it.
"Go to the bathroom!" Pepa yells.
Carlos ran out. Pepa walks up to both of us.

Camilo's POV:

"Camilo, tell me where he got it!" She points a finger at me.
"I don't know."
"You do know! Act your age and tell me!"
I look over to y/n. I grab her wrist and we walk out of the room.
"Camilo?! Come back here, now!"
I acted as though I didn't hear her. We go to the bathroom where Carlos is splashing cold water on his face.
"I'm going to take a bath.. so.." Carlos starts the bath water.
"Why a bath?" I ask.
"..Just...I want to.."
Me and y/n both thought that was kind of weird. Me and y/n hung out in my room. It's been forever since Carlos had gotten into the bath. Should we check on him?
"I'm worried about Carlos. We should check on him." I say.
Me and y/n got it eh bathroom. I knock on the door.
"Carlos? ...Are you okay?" There was no response, "oh god.. CARLOS!?"
I start to bang on the door. I gave the door a hard kick and it flung open. I see Carlos' body and face fully submerged in the water. Carlos looks unconscious. I pull him out from the tub and onto the ground. I check to see if there's a pulse.. there is. I tilt his chin up. I place my hands on his chest. I start doing chest compressions. Carlos' eyes opened and he sat up real fast. He starts to choke out all the water that had gone into his lungs. Carlos rubs his eyes. He breathes very heavily.
"Carlos, oh my god!" I hug him tight.
"How do you manage to do that every time?.."
"I'm so glad you're alive!"
"Stop saving me.." Carlos puts his head between his knees.
"Never! I'll save you every time!"
Mel ran into the bathroom. Mel kneels next to Carlos and hugs him.
"What happened?!" Mel screams.
"Drowned." I say.
"In a bathtub?- oh.. Why?"
Carlos didn't respond.
"Why do you do this? Answer me.. I care about you!"
"I don't want to talk about it!"
"Why not?!"
"Because!"
Mel pushed Carlos a little.
"What the hell?!"
Carlos pushed Mel. They kept pushing each other harder until they both stood up and had their hands up..
"Just tell me!"
"No!"
Me and y/n just watched in the corner.
"Why don't you trust me?!" Mel pushed Carlos into the wall.
Carlos grabs Mel by the shoulders and shoves him to the ground. Mel got up and punched Carlos in the face. Carlos' nose started to bleed. Carlos whips the blood running from his nose.
"Carlos! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry! Please!" Mel tried to get a good look at what he did.
"...I think we're done..." Carlos walks out and to his room.
Mel looks at us both.
"I didn't mean to.." Mel had a tear running down his face but he wiped it with his sleeve.
Mel left.