Part 20

Y/n's POV:

I haven't gone to the Casita in a couple days, besides today. Feels strange. I miss Mirabel and Camilo. Why did I have to tell Mirabel? I could have just handled it on my own, that way Camilo wouldn't have been in this situation. I feel so bad. Camilo didn't look so great when I went over there. I wonder if Camilo would ever be ungrounded.

Camilo's POV:

I lay on the floor when my dad walks in. He sits next to me.
"Hey.." he says.
"Hey." I say.
"Look. I know you're going through stuff right now."
"You have no idea.."
"I don't know why your mother is overreacting. She thinks the worst but overlooks what is actually happening.. She doesn't see that you need help."
I didn't say anything. Knowing that my father the bright, cheerful, happy guy is sad for me.. it feels bad.
"I can talk to your mother and tell her, you being in this room isn't helping anything."
"You would do that for me?" I look over to him.
"Yeah! Here. I'll go now!"
He gets up and walks out.
Honestly I don't think this is going to work. I get surprised when I hear my name being called through my window. I look through my window and I see y/n.
"What are you doing here?" I whisper.
"Coming to get you!" She says.
"But the windows locked!"
"That's why I brought this!" She pulls out a hammer.
"What the- no!"
"I'm just kidding! Is there a bobby-pin?"
I look around. There's a bobby-pin!
"I found one!" I pick it up from the floor, "wait.. you purposely left this here, didn't you?"
"Yes, I did!"
I picked the lock!
"Wait. I have to see if my dad comes back.." I look over at the door.
"Come on! I'm busting you out!"
"Alright.."
I climb out of the window. We walk carefully on the roof. We made our way off of the house and to the grass. I feel the sun hitting my face. It felt good to finally be outside. We almost make it to y/n's house, but we are interrupted by my sister who is walking up to us calling my name.

Y/n's POV:

Dolores is walking up to us. I see the fear in Camilo's face. I myself am a little nervous too.
"Camilo! What are you doing?! Mom and dad can catch you!" She puts both of her hands on Camilo's shoulders.
"I'm sorry! I'll go back! Please don't tell!" Camilo started breathing heavy.
"Dad is talking to mom about letting you have your old life back."
"I know. What is mom saying?" He looks back at me.
"She's surprisingly calm right now. But if she sees that you're gone, she might not let you!"
Camilo looks nervous. He goes over to me.
"I'm sorry. It was worth a shot.." he hugged me.
Camilo rubbed one of his watery eyes with his sleeve. Him and his sister walked away. We were so close. But, it would be better if he got his room and everything back, it would be better if he was ungrounded. I just hope all of this blows over. I go into my house. My mother sees me.
"So? You tried to sneak Camilo out?" She gave a smile.
"What? No!" I say.
She places the plate that she was drying down on the counter.
"Oh, come on! You don't think I was a teenager at one time?"
"You've snuck out before?" I sit down at the table.
My mother sits down with me.
"Loads of times! That doesn't mean you get to though." She laughed a little.
"I've never snuck out! Or have I ever snuck my friends out!" I tried to stay serious.
My mother wasn't buying it.
"Nonsense! I saw you and Camilo through the window just barely!" She laughed a little more.
"Okay. Fine. Yes, I tried to sneak Camilo out. It didn't quite work out though.."
"Mmm.."
"Uhm... anyways, what's for dinner?"

Camilo's POV:

Me and my sister quietly make our way upstairs. I step inside my room. I feel the sadness wash over me once again. The door closes and everything gets quiet. I see my window is open. I go over to shut it but my mom opens my door and sees me right in front of an open window.
"Camilo! Are you trying to sneak out?!" She walks over to me and turns me around.
She slaps me across the face. I felt dizzy for a second. Then the pain started to kick in. I hold my head in an attempt to stop the pain. I groaned. My legs felt weak. But I managed to keep my balance.
"What- no! I was shutting the window! Dolores, tell her!" I tried to keep my cool.
Dolores runs in.
"Mama! He just wanted fresh air! So I opened the window!" She ran in between me and my mom.
"Oh! Cami! My baby! I'm so sorry! Forgive me!" My mothers expression went from anger to worry in a split second.
She came up to me and was inspecting the mark that was left on my face.
"Oh no! I- I didn't mean too!"
I didn't believe her. But I played along.
"I'll go get some food from the kitchen!" She ran out of the room.
Dolores walked up to me.
"Oh.. that's going to bruise.. are you feeling anything? Dizziness, anything?!"
"I'm feeling a lot.."
Dolores smothered my face with her hands.
"I think you might have a concussion.."
My mother came back with some food.
"Here! Eat!" My mothers eyes were watering.
She stuffed the food into my face. I swallowed and I didn't feel a difference.. wait!
"It's not going away?!" My sister and mother scream.
"What?!" I touched my face and I felt the sting.
Julieta was walking by. She didn't even notice we were dealing with a crisis.
"Julieta!" Pepa screamed.
Julieta ran into the room.
"What?!"