Part 32

Y/n's POV:

We got to the Casita. We had to hold Camilo up with his arms around our shoulders, he was so weak. Camilo sat on the bottom steps of the staircase. We got Julieta to make him some food.
"Why?! How long have you guys been out?!" Julieta says.
"A couple hours.. He didn't tell us that his stitches came undone. I noticed when the blood was seeping through his shirt." I say.
Carlos went up to his room.
"Why didn't he eat anything before you guys left?"
"He was in a rush."
"Also. Carlos. He came back?" Julieta shoved more food into Camilo's mouth.
"Yeah. We found him. Not in good condition though. But he should be okay.. for the physical part. I'm not sure about the mental part though."
"Because of his parents or..?"
"That and way more." I signaled to her that I was going to Carlos' room.
I open his door. He is sitting on his bed reading his book. He looks up at me.
"Hey." He says.
"Hey.. are you okay?" I knew he wasn't.
"Yeah. Why?" He continued to read his book.
"I mean... you and your parents aren't on good terms right now and you left home with your girlfriend, you were drugged, you got beaten, you were buried alive, we found your girlfriend who was brutally murdered, your also lost your baby, your brother was stabbed in the chest.." I sat down next to him.
"...Everything's fine." He set the book down.
He looked at me.
"You're not. Nobody can go through that much and be fine. Camilo said the same exact thing. Then he finally let me know what was going on and-" I was cut off by Carlos.
"I know you want to help. But I'm really okay! Yeah, that may have happened to me. But I know how to handle it." Camilo gave a little fake smile.
"Handle it? Like drinking and doing drugs, self harm? Is that what you call "handling it"?"
He went silent. He looked around nervously.
"Different people have different ways of doing things. For some people, it's money obsession and unhealthy, toxic relationships. For me, it's that... and drugs, alcohol, and self harm. But hey, whatever you need to do to get through it, right?"
"Carlos. We can help-" he cut me off again.
"And how will you do that? Huh?"
I didn't have an answer.
"Fine. Don't tell me about it. Just know.. That I will be here if you ever want to talk, or just cry to.. and your brother of course." I got up from his bed.
He watched me walk out of his room. I heard a scream/cry coming from Carlos' room. I quickly open his door. He looked over to me and smiled. He had watery eyes though.
"Carlos?"
"Yeah?"
"Are you okay?"
"Yeah!"
I nodded my head. I closed the door again. The same thing happened. I heard Carlos scream. I open his door again. He looked at me. He gave me a smile. I closed the door. Carlos screamed. I just kept my ear up to the door.

Carlos' POV:

I was screaming into my pillow. Y/n kept opening my door to check on me. I held in my tears and gave her a smile. When she closed the door I face planted into my pillow and screamed. And cried. I am so angry, yet so sad. Honestly, when have I ever not been either of those? But, this was different. I've never lost two people that I cared about so much. Now that's a different kind of pain. I took the blade out from my pocket. I got up and got a beer bottle from my drawer..

Y/n's POV:

After about ten minutes of listening to him scream I just walked away. I went to go find Camilo. He was in his room. He looked way better after eating some of Julieta's food.
"Have you told your family about Ava's death?" I sit down next to Camilo.
"Yeah."
"Have you told Ava's family?" I ask.
"She doesn't have a family. I mean.. she does, or did. But they don't live in Encanto." Camilo was sketching.
"So, you're just not going to tell them that she's dead?"
"They honestly wouldn't care. It's really sad. I bet the only reason why she didn't want to end it is because of Carlos, and their baby." Camilo sighed.
"Oh.."
"So, we'll be planning her funeral." He kept his eyes on the paper.
"Alright then.."