Episode 31 "Stargazer in a Puddle" Part 2

Start from the beginning

Later that day Hodgins asked me if I could help find Angie's dad with him. I told him I already know where he would be as I would take him. He nods as we now enter a studio and here someone playing the guitar. I smile and chuckle knowing who was playing. I pushed Hodgins in first as he was the one needing to talk to him not me. He looks at me hesitantly as I give him a thumbs up. He then walks over to him with me right behind as he then says, "Hey." Angie's dad looks at Hodgins as he keeps on saying, "I mean, the-" He imitates the guitar, vocalization. I try not to laugh as Angie's dad did not say anything. Hodgins looks at me for a second as I cover my mouth and try to support him as much as I can as he continues saying, "You get that a lot, right, the whole- (imitating the guitar) thing?" 

Angie's dad finally decides to speak, "Can I help you?" "I'm Jack Hodgins..." He takes off his glasses and looks at Hodgins, "You seem okay to me so far." "Well, I-I suddenly realized- my best man said- speeches at the wedding. You know about the wedding?" "Oh, yes. It's no coincidence I'm here." "Well, it occurred to me that you might have a traditional- you're Texan and- I mean, really Texan. Guitars-and-hot-rods Texan, so- I figured I should ask you for your daughter's hand in marriage. As a sign of respect." "You're making a huge mistake, son." "Marrying Angela?" "No. If Angie finds out that a man- you- asked another man- me- for her hand or any of her other fine parts, horrible complications will ensue." "I didn't think of that." "You could get us both killed." "Okay. Good advice." 

They shake hands as Hodgins asks, "You got any more?" "Always play it in the key of 'G' demolished." "I don't know what that means." "Well, if you do, you do. If you don't, you don't. Forget it." Hodgins nods was about to walk away as he calls for him again, "Hodgins. I've got cars and I've got guitars... and I got guns." Hodgin's face starts to make a frown as mine was the opposite as I snicker as he continues, "You treat my little girl right, you'll only see the business end of the cars and guitars. But if you don't... you want to finish it off Sugar-pie." I chuckle as Hodgins looks at me, "Sure thing Mr. Mont... If you, don't you might not only get to see guns." I smiled at Hodgins as I take my thumb and swipe it across my neck pointing it down in the end. Hodgin shutters as I say, "I will see you soon then Mr. Mont." "Sure thing Sugar-pie." Hodgin and I leave. Once we were out of ear shot he then says, "I thought you were backing me up?" "Of course I am... but I also got to make sure to take care of Angie." He sighs and says, "I don't know who's scarier you or Angela's dad." I shrug.

After that I went and dropped Hodgins off at his house and went to meet Temp at the Royal dinner. We were sitting and eating as we then see our dad from the window. I smile as Temp shows dad the family ring that she has on. He then shows us the tape that he wanted for us to see. He drops it off and leaves as Temp and I finish our food and quickly go back to the apartment and play it. We sit there holding each other hands as we see someone finishing setting up the camera. The woman then goes back and sits on the tree. We look at her and see that it was mom as she then says, "Hi, Temperance, Venus. It's mom. I don't know when- or if- you'll ever see this. I hope to put it on both of your hands myself, see you both again with my own eyes. But this... is a hard, hard world. Your father and I left you, Venus and Russ... to save your lives. People would have killed you to get us. That's not what this is about. No. Today is your Temperance 16th birthday. I'm sorry not to be there to tell you all the things... that a mother should tell her daughter when she turns 16. And sorry not to give you this." 

Mom then shows us her ring that Temp is wearing as she continues, "It's an heirloom from my side of the family, and starting today, it's yours. I don't know how long it will take me to get it to you, but... I promise you I will. I am also sorry Venus for not being able to be there for you in your important years as a child. You both are going to hear a lot of things about your parents, especially about your father. He is a good man. It was my insistence to leave you kids. Max would have kept us together, fought until the end. He was almost going to do that when Venus saw us that night when we were about to leave... but we had to push through. Not sure he'll ever forgive me for that. So please, Temperance, Venus. I need you to forgive me. And if you can't forgive me, I beg you, sweeties, forgive your father. Because he is a very good man. Remember this. You were both cherished in this world. Adored. What I did to you both may have been wrong, but I did it out of love. I did it out of love." It then ends and Temp and I were in tears."