55

~ TRISTAN ~

“Sir, your sister wouldn’t stop calling you.” Rob whispered to me. 

She knows I have a meeting. Why would Nikita think it’s sensible to demand for something at such a time? She could be unreasonable sometimes. “Ignore it.” 

I continued with the meeting, the endless buzzing of my phone with Rob pissed me off. What the heck was her problem?

It wasn’t my turn to speak, so I wanted to end the call and place the phone on airplane mode when I accidentally answered it. 

“Tristan!” Her voice immediately set an alarm in me. 

“What's wrong?” I asked. 

“It’s Hazel. I don't know what's wrong with her, but it seems like she’s… dead.” 

“Dead?!” I jumped to my feet. 

“She had an attack and now she has pierced herself with broken glasses.”

“What on Earth?! Why are you calling me? Call the ambulance! I'll meet you both at the hospital.”

“Mr. Hendrix, this interruption is very rude.” I ignored Mr. Rajeed and dashed out of the meeting room. I wanted to use the elevator but it didn’t respond. I didn’t waste my time and ran all the way down the stairs and out of the company building to my car. 

“Take me to the hospital!” I ordered the driver who nodded and started the car. “Drive very fast!” 

“Okay.”

*** 

I got to the hospital but the ambulance hadn't arrived. Nikita assured me that the ambulance had almost gotten to the hospital. Her voice scared me even more. She sounded like she was about to faint anytime soon. 

After a while, people in uniforms pulled a profusely bleeding Hazel in on the stretcher, alarming for an emergency. My body froze at how her head and arms were bleeding with a deep cut, clearly from the broken glasses. Nikita also ran behind them. 

“What’s wrong with her? What happened?!” I screamed at the nurse like she was going to know anything about it. 

They shut the door at us after pulling her into the emergency room. 

“What happened!” I asked a pale Nikita who ran into my arms, sobbing. 

I hugged her back, patting her head to calm her down, though I felt like an earthquake was happening inside of me. I couldn't believe I was still offering her a shoulder to cry on when I needed one myself. 

“What happened?” My voice was low, my head throbbing at the possibility of what could happen to Hazel.