24

“See? Hazel clearly has a problem with me.” Nikita scoffed, shutting the car trunk. 

“Who wouldn’t?” Tristan said jokingly and opened the door to the backseat for her. 

She rolled her eyes and got in then he shut the door, turning to me. “What?” He asked, probably noticing my disapproval.

I was trying my best to hide my infuriation, but it just wasn’t working. 

“So you thought it was best to just make this decision without asking me first?” I said brusquely. His face contorted into a frown so I quickly added sarcastically, “I’m sorry. It’s your house, so you can make any decision regarding it.”

I got into the passenger seat and waited for him to get into the driver's seat. He started the car and zoomed out of the compound. 

The drive would’ve been quiet if Nikita wasn't on the phone with someone and making churlish comments that I could tell were indirectly referring to me. 

The car finally stopped in front of the mansion. 

Tristan got out of the car first. 

“Listen bitch, if you try to boss me around, I’ll ruin you. I don't know what your stupid-ass self is still doing with my brother, but I'll make sure to put you in your fucking place, you motherfucking gold-digger.” She threatened and before I could lash out at her, Tristan opened the door for her and she got out. 

I also got out of the car— my head was burning with intense fury— "are you crazy? What the hell is your problem?” I hurled. What have her the right to speak to me in such a manner?

She wore an innocent face at Tristan who turned to me, frowning harder. “Hey. Don’t speak to her like that. No one yells at my younger sister in my presence.” 

“I told you.” She said to him, wearing a sinister grin when he wasn't looking. “She's just—”

“You won’t scold her. Maybe that's why she's so rude and going insane!”

“Hazel! Don't piss me off!” He snapped. 

I walked away and stormed into the house. 

I was greeted by a few workers but was too cheesed off to respond to them and headed straight for our bedroom.

I had never felt this furious in my life and Nikita being around was only going to fuel this side of me. 

*** 

~ TRISTAN ~

Hazel has been asleep since we returned and now that she was awake, she still wasn’t going to speak to me. I prayed the same thing that had happened in Spain wasn't going to repeat itself.