9

(Please vote for this book and leave your comments on it. Thank you and I hope you enjoy reading it!🥰)

***
What on Earth could be more frustrating than living your life the same way everyday?

It had been three months since that crazy man called Tristan had left for God-knows-where, not even a call to say hi, he only ever called to say stupid things or give orders, or he must’ve accidentally butt-dialed because he says nothing. 

My feelings for him had almost washed away 100%. 

Except the good food and mansion, nothing else was different in my financial status; I wasn’t swimming in money or anything of the sort, just the same poor me. 

Well… it was probably till at least 9 months I was going to see that devil again. 

“Hey, what are you thinking of again?” Mike asked, passing a glass of orange juice to me. 

Oh, Mike and David, they were the only reason I hadn’t died from boredom, they were really great friends to me but David had to quit two days ago for family purposes. It’s so sad but what could I do?

“Maybe that asshole again.” I took a gulp of the juice.

He chuckled, also taking a sip from his juice then had a seat beside me. “It’ll be fine. Let’s watch TV, I’m bored.” 

“I’m also bored but I have to leave for the bakery in a few minutes.”

“When will you stop working there?”

“I don’t know, must I?”

“I guess so, you’re a Billionaire’s wife.” He shrugged and I burst into laughter. 

“Don’t pretend like you don’t know what’s going on between me and Tristan.”

He simply rolled his eyes at me. “I have to leave in ten minutes for something important. If you’re not ready to leave for the bakery in less than five minutes, you’ll take a public bus because I won’t wait for you.” He commanded, rising to his feet and dropped the glass of orange juice on the center table. 

“So now you’re the boss of me? You’ve become so rude because we’ve been getting along too well? Bad, very bad.” I scolded jokingly while he chortled.

Taking the last gulp of my juice, I left for my bedroom, straightened my hair, applied light makeup, took a few selfies, grabbed my purse then left the house with Mike. 

In the car, my mind couldn’t help but travel to Indy. She hasn’t called since three months ago. I really hoped she was fine. 

I had tried to let her family know that she had called and was crying but Luke and his stupid son that wasn’t Kade, Indy’s uncle, had barked at me and sent me out of the house, Tristan wasn’t even interested in listening to me and Indy’s old phone number wasn’t existing anymore. I had no idea what to do except pray for her.

*** 

Mike pulled the car over in front of the mansion.

I heaved a sigh, feeling extremely tired and couldn’t wait to plop myself on my wonderful bed once again.

Everything in my life was so frustrating at the moment. Staying at home was killing me; I needed time to explore the world and be free. 

“If you don’t know this, we’re in front of the mansion, Hazel.” Mike said like I didn’t know that already.