25

~ HAZEL ~

“Is Tristan still asleep?” I asked Mike, who seemed extremely excited this morning. 

“The boss still hasn’t gotten out of his bedroom today, so I can’t be certain.” He replied.

“That’s strange. He has never slept this late before, as far as I remember. I hope my effort doesn’t go to waste.”

“Your effort is really evident. You look way too hot today; I almost got blind when I saw you this morning. Can I have your number, baby?” He said, clearly as a joke.

“My husband will murder you.” I laughed and he only rolled his eyes. “As if.”

“Oh, we'll see.” I smirked then decided to check up on Tristan. I had made breakfast for him and had tried to dress sexy, wearing a very short, red, hip-hugging skirt with a little slit, a crop top that had a knot tied below my breasts to show off an indecent amount of my cleavage. I planned to gain his attention, but he was still asleep, and now that I made lunch, it was probably going to turn out to be lunch in bed or something. 

Grabbing the tray, I left for our bedroom in long strides, calling for another man to open the door for me to get in. 

Tristan was still sprawled on the bed, not moving an inch. 

I sauntered to the bed, placed the tray on the nightstand, and sat beside him, tapping him gently. 

“Tristan,” I tapped him incessantly till he finally woke up, mumbling something to himself. “Finally! Are you sure you're okay?” 

He squinted his eyes, stretching slightly. “Hazel, you startled me.” 

“Why are you still asleep by this time? You aren’t going to work today?” He shook his head with a yawn. “That’s great. We can spend some time together. I made you breakfast and now lunch.” I crossed one of my legs over the other— you know, just for show off.

“Seriously?  Is it that late?” He sat up straight and checked the time, brushing his fingers through his silky black hair. “Wow.”

“Did you sleep late?”

“Yes. I had to work till midnight, then I had a very long discussion with Nikita till this morning.” He explained. 

“Oh…” speaking of Nikita, I hadn’t seen that little monster today. That obviously explained the day's peace. 

“I think I’ll brush my teeth and have a bath first.” He rolled out of bed, grabbed his clothes and towel from the wardrobe then left for the bathroom. 

“He didn’t even notice me.” I frowned, got on the bed and rested my back against the headrest to reach for a book I was reading earlier this morning and resumed reading it in annoyance. Wasn’t I seductive enough or something? He just didn’t notice anything different? Was I that less attractive to him?