4

~ HAZEL ~

Indy was still standing in front of the full body mirror, gazing at herself in my beautiful wedding dress while her other crazy-rich friends left the room, leaving Kade, Lila, Indy and me in the room.

“I can’t believe my daughter is finally getting married.” Lila smiled as they stopped beside us. 

“It feels like a dream to me.” Kade added, grinning from ear to ear. 

“Me too. I remember when she was still so small, running around the house with those tiny legs of hers.” She dabbed her eyes with her fingers. “Gosh, I’ll miss my baby.”

“You definitely remember I’m 25, right?” She said and they all chuckled. 

“I wish Mom was still with us, she’d have been the happiest.” Lila sighed. 

“We can’t control the fact that she was getting old and sick, her life wasn’t in our control but she’s watching.” Kade said, giving her a side hug. 

“I’ll miss you both too.” She pulled them into a joint hug for a while. 

Their cute family hug ended after a knock on the door.

“It must be the makeup artist and hairstylist.” Indy smiled, also dabbing her eyes with a cloth. “You should leave now. Remember, I don’t want anyone except Hazel here till it’s time to lead me to the aisle, Dad.” She frowned at Kade. “You shouldn’t know how beautiful I’d look.”

“Okay.” They replied in unison.

“It’s so sad that you’ll be unable to attend this wedding.” Lila said to me. 

“I know, I feel so bad, but it’s very urgent.” It felt so weird to be lying to these lovely people. No matter how hard I tried not to, I couldn’t help but feel bad. 

They took their leave then the makeup artist-hairstylist walked in. 

“Remember, you know what to do.” She said to the young woman who simply nodded. 

Indy quickly rushed to lock the door, running back to me and took off the wedding dress in fast motion. “Hurry up.” She said, glancing at the door at short intervals. 

As quickly as I could, I got rid of my clothes then wore the burgundy charmeuse mermaid wedding dress which had diamonds around its waistline, illusion neckline, and hemline while she got into my clothes. 

“I’m so scared.” I admitted. 

“Don’t worry, I’ve taken care of everything.” She assured me with a smile. 

“What if someone finds out?” My hands were starting to shake. 

“Jeez, no one will.” She took the wine satin gloves that covered almost my entire arm. “It shouldn’t be dramatic.” She said to the woman who simply nodded again with a smile. 

The woman started my makeup while Indy called Ian to proceed with their plan. 

My fear was increasing at every second. I didn’t want this to end terribly. Tristan accepted this but everyone else? God, should I back out?

“You’re eloping with Ian, will you return? Your parents will be so worried, you’re all they have.” I said when the woman finished my makeup and started styling my hair.

“Of course, I will, but at the right time.” She replied, shoving her phone into her pant pocket. 

After she was done with styling my hair, Indy helped me wear the floor-sweeping, dark red wedding veil that fully covered my face and hair, hiding my face from view though I could see beyond the veil, with a matching pair of silver heels.