20

“Will you make breakfast this morning?” Mike asked, strolling into the kitchen and poured himself a glass of water. 

“Yes, I’m obviously doing that already.” I grinned. 

“For everyone?”

“Yes.” 

“Including the boss?”

“Yes.” 

I arranged the ingredients for the meal I was going to prepare on the counter while Mike leaned against it, not saying anything.

I had decided to make a quick meal so it didn’t waste my time because I had to head to work. Gosh, I missed going to the bakery so much. 

I placed the pot on fire then left to do other things while waiting for the meal. 

After a few minutes, I called for a man I assumed was a worker here. 

“Good morning and welcome back, ma’am.” He greeted. 

“Good morning to you too. Do you perhaps know where Tristan is? I haven’t seen him all morning.”

“He was in the gym previously but now he’s in his bedroom.”

“Okay, please call him over. Tell him to be downstairs in five minutes.”

“Okay, ma’am.” He bowed again then took his leave.

Returning to the kitchen, I was surprised to see Mike in the same position I had left him, surprised that he was remaining silent and looking gloomy. 

“What’s wrong with you— Oh, breakfast is ready!” 

“Nothing is wrong with me.” His tone didn’t convince me at all but I didn’t press on. I had cooked for Tristan and I was certain he wasn’t going to throw it away.

I spent the next few minutes finalizing the meal and served it. 

Mike cleared his throat, drawing my attention to him. “So… uh… your relationship with the… uh… the boss… h-how is…”

“Hazel?” Tristan called. 

My stomach bubbled with excitement as Tristan walked into the kitchen, looking extremely hot in his grey Chino pants and a white button-down shirt with two of its top buttons undone to show off his chest. The fact that he had his suit coat hanging over his shoulder just added to his sexy appearance. 

He had a very unfriendly face on as he sauntered to me. 

“Good morning, sir.” Mike greeted him but Tristan didn’t bother to respond; Mike took his leave immediately.