17

~ TRISTAN ~

Thanks to excessive work I had bombarded myself with to stop myself from going crazy— craziness from Hazel, else I would’ve been dead from frustration.  

It had been a whole damn week but she was still so cold and annoying towards me, always ignoring me, not responding to me or anything. So frustrating!!!

She walked into the hotel, coming from nowhere I knew of. She was always going out without my consent. I didn’t bother to stalk her for her privacy but she was taking things too far and it had to stop. It was almost midnight and she was just arriving. 

Constantly raising my head from my laptop to stare at her, I noticed she was arranging her clothes into the travel bag. 

“Where have you been?” I gathered enough courage to ask her. I had never been hesitant to talk to anyone in my life but this woman could make me do things I didn’t want to do.

Of course she didn’t respond to me. 

I couldn’t take this anymore, I was beyond frustrated. 

If it were anyone else, I would’ve easily left out of anger but her rigidness was making me feel weird, I was feeling guilty, feeling like I was losing a part of me. 

She hadn’t slept on the bed with me. Believe me, it was making my body go crazy. Though there was nothing between us if we slept on the same bed, the feeling of her skin brushing mine at short intervals had always made my body feel a sensation of calmness. 

I had never felt this way for any woman in my entire life, not even Lucy. What was so special about Hazel that had this much effect on me? 

I couldn’t bear to see her with another man, not even in my worst dreams. 

Hazel started walking towards me— wait… was she really approaching me? I had always believed that there was nothing but a stone in my rib cage, but as she was approaching me, I was feeling something I hadn’t felt in a long time before the past week —the beat of my heart— my heart was beating crazily at the fact that she was approaching me. Was she going to finally talk to me? She claimed to love me so maybe this was all an act and she was tired of being so stubborn?

She only walked past me, raising my fury beyond its peak. 

“Hazel!” I exclaimed, grabbing her wrists.

She was clearly startled because she flinched. 

“You can’t keep on ignoring me this way. I’m going crazy, you don’t know the millions of thoughts running through my head. It’s so hard to be away from you while being with you. What are you trying to achieve, uh?” I raised my eyebrows, letting go of her. 

“You still don’t think you did anything wrong? You’re not worth my time.” She shook her head and walked away then to her travel bag, taking out her clothes from the wardrobe and into the travel bag.