19

“I hope you aren’t forgetting anything.” Tristan asked. 

“No. I don’t think so…” I scanned the entire hotel room but it didn’t seem like anything here belonged to me anymore.

“Are you sure?”

“I think so. And you aren’t forgetting anything too?” 

“I’m Tristan, I don’t forget things at a hotel room— well, except one day I forgot a woman I was supposed to hook up with at a hotel room.”

“Are you serious?” I laughed out loud. 

“Yes, and it’s all your fault. Let’s go.” He intertwined our fingers, leading me out of the hotel room. 

“How is it my fault?” I wondered. 

“It was during my 3-month trip to New Zealand.”  

“So you met other women after you were already married? I knew you were cheating on me. Your pictures with different gorgeous models were always popping onto my phone’s screen.” I rolled my eyes, feeling the need to clutch my chest and fall dramatically while thinking of him sleeping with another woman.

“Cheating on you?” We got into the elevator. “I haven’t slept with any woman since a few months before our wedding, and it’s all your fault. You’re always on my mind, all the time, all women feel strange. I’m still so scared of you because I’m starting to think you’ve given me some kind of potion.”

I could feel my face burning with red; I didn't know I had that much effect on him. 

“And it scares me sometimes.” He admitted.

“Scares you that you can’t be with another woman but me?”

“In a way, yes.”

I stared at him, a frown appearing on my face. “So you want to cheat on me?”

“No, you don’t understand.” He sighed. 

The elevator doors opened again then we stepped out of it. 

“It scares me that my heart is coming back because of you, and it's being too clingy to you. I’m just always so—”

“I think I understand you but I want you to know that I won’t hurt you.” 

He went completely silent, letting go of my hand to keep it on the small of my back as we stepped out of the hotel. 

Bodyguards surrounded us till we got to the car. 

Tristan opened the car door for me then got into it after I did, shutting the door.