18

“I’ve never felt this relieved and great to apologize to someone.” Tristan said, shutting the door to the hotel room and switched the lights on. 

“I’m glad you shared your pain with me. You’ve been holding onto it for way too long. She’s probably happy with someone else, and has a good baby while you still hold on to the past.” I turned to him. 

He stared at me poker-faced for a few seconds then chuckled, walking to the bed. 

“Where were you? I was worried.” 

“Just roaming around, going to different clubs— a lot of men flirted with me, some of them were really hot.” I smiled. 

A frown formed on his face but he didn’t say anything, only taking out our pajamas from the wardrobe, throwing mine to me. 

“You should have a bath, I’ll order dinner for us then we can—”

“Watch a movie?”

“I was going to say go to bed but that’s fine too, I guess.”

I grinned, already loving this newly born Tristan. 

Without wasting any more time, I rushed to the bathroom with the pajamas and my phone, locking the door. 

I called Charlotte’s phone and she answered after the third ring. 

“Hey, what’s up.”

“Hi. I couldn’t continue your plan of insisting on making him fall for me. I lost interest in him—”

“How dare you?!” she screamed.

“Calm down and listen. I decided to let him be and maybe even get a divorce, but he became so desperate and he apologized, shared his problems with me and agreed to start a fresh relationship as friends first.”

“Tristan apologized to you? I know Kye talked to him but he apologized?!”

“Yes, he did. We’re about to have dinner and watch a movie.”

“Tristan never agrees to watch a movie with someone, he never watches any movie. You must have offered him your arms, eyes, and your entire life for him to control.” 

“He agreed easily.” I shrugged. 

“Wow, you’re so lucky… please ensure your relationship with him blooms till forever. I definitely want to be an Aunt to your babies soon.” She giggled. 

Aunt? This woman. “Okay, I have to go now. Bye.” I ended the call. 

After my bath, I slipped into my pajamas, tied my hair up then left the bathroom. 

The lights except the very dim ones were turned off with two of the large red pillows on the floor and the large television screen on the wall opposite the bed was turned on.