13

“Good morning.” I greeted Tristan who was typing away on his laptop.

Of course he didn’t respond to me so I walked away, grabbed a nice and comfy dress to wear. 

“Wear something else.” Tristan’s deep voice said from behind me. I turned to him but he was still staring at his laptop’s screen. 

“Why?” 

“We’ll have to attend a party, it’s business-related. So we're going to buy new clothes today, for you to wear to the party. Be ready in twenty minutes.”

“I’m sorry about reading your diary last night but I think we have to resolve this misunderstanding.” 

“Hazel, be ready in twenty minutes, we shouldn’t be late.” 

Gosh, this man is so annoying!

*** 

~ TRISTAN ~

“Dile que se reúna conmigo en el auto. (Tell her to meet me in the car).” I said to one of my bodyguards.

"Okay.” 

I got into the car and waited for Hazel for a few more minutes before she arrived with the bodyguard in a sexy red dress that hugged her perfect curves and was showing a decent amount of her cleavage. 

“I’m sorry for taking longer than I was ordered to.” She apologized sarcastically and got into the car.

I internally rolled my eyes at her then instructed the driver to start the car. 

“I’m not a gold-digger, Indy lied to me that you agreed for me to switch places as your bride.”

Why on Earth was she still insisting on clarifying things? “You’re bothering me.” 

A frown appeared on her face. “So annoying.” She huffed, turning her head away. 

I was trying so hard not to believe her but she wasn’t helping and I was really mad at her for reading my diary, all of my secrets must’ve been out. I was going to burn every one of my diaries when we returned home. 

She said she loved me last night; absolute nonsense! These lies of being loved. I could never fall in love again and let history repeat itself. 

It was better to stay away from something than test it. My feelings for this so-called wife were going to disappear someday, I was certain of that. 

The drive lasted for a while, I was trying my best to not pay attention to the fact that a crazily sexy woman was sitting beside me but I couldn’t help but glance at her at different intervals. 

The car parked in front of the clothes store. Someone opened the door for us. 

I got out of the car after her then we walked into the store. 

“¡Bienvenido, señor Hendrix!” The familiar cherry woman welcomed us. 

“Mi esposa y yo estamos aquí por un vestido formal para ella. (My wife and I are here for a formal dress for her.)”

“Ah…veo. Follow me.” 

I held the small of Hazel's back (an action I secretly loved doing), and followed the woman to a room containing multiple clearly expensive dresses on mannequins.

“Let me know your choice.” She smiled then left the room. 

“Okay, choose about twenty or fifty dresses, I’ll decide the best dresses for you and we’ll purchase them if you like them.” I said, slipped my phone out and sat on a random high stool, typing away on my phone.