23

~ HAZEL ~

My phone just wouldn't stop ringing from my pants pocket. I tried my absolute best to ignore it and sleep some more, but my brain immediately drove out of sleep after thinking of the possibility of who it could be that was calling. 

I tried to reach for my phone, but my movement was restricted by Tristan's arm around me. 

The ringing stopped, and I carefully removed his arm from around me, stealthily crawled out of the bed, tiptoed to the bathroom, and shut the door. 

It was a private number who had called; I received a new phone call from a private number again which I quickly answered and placed the phone on my ear with shaky hands. 

“H-hello?” I said quietly.

“Hi, Hazel.” Indy’s voice swam into my ears. 

I heaved a sigh of relief with a broad smile. “It’s you!”

“Yes. Were you expecting someone else?”

“N-no.”

“Okay… Just to keep you updated about my return. I hope you haven't spilled the beans to Tristan?”

“No, he knows nothing about it.” I assured her. 

“Great! I'm back in New York City, so I’ll be there anytime soon. Be ready for a big surprise. I can’t wait to see you again.” She moaned. 

“Me too!” 

“Where are you now?” 

“I’m at Tristan’s parents' home.” 

“Okay, cool. Just don’t let anyone know, especially not Tristan.” 

“Okay, got it. He won’t find out.” 

“Thank you!” 

“I won’t find out what?” Tristan’s voice made me squeak and drop my phone to the floor. 

I pivoted with gaped eyes, the shakiness of my hands returning. “T-Tristan. Wh-what are you doing here? I thought you were asleep.”

He had the most daunting blank expression on his face that made me shiver slightly as he advanced toward me. 

Why was I feeling so scared? I didn't do anything bad.

He stopped in front of me, his hands locked behind him. “What are you hiding from me?”

I regained my composure and searched for a smile I quickly found. “It’s a secret.”