22

(RECAP: Tristan has agreed to give their relationship a chance and things are gradually going well in their relationship. Tristan said they’ll be going to his parents' house. Hazel received a strange text from a random stranger but hides it.)

*** 

~ HAZEL ~

Tristan had been frowning so much throughout the drive. He had decided to drive today. I couldn’t do anything but stare at his handsome face all along since he wouldn't talk to me. 

“You can’t possibly stay mad at me forever.” I chuckled, earning an eerie glare from him. 

His anger was justified; I had been preventing him from kissing me for the past two weeks, and it was clearly pissing him off. He claimed we were starting this relationship as friends, so… I wasn't at fault here, was I?

I realized it was best to not bother him at all and continued staring out the window, watching as the sky and trees seemed like they were racing when the car drove past them.

My mind had been clouded with extreme worry recently: I had received about five more strange messages from the same person, and I was damn scared of Tristan finding out. 

The drive lasted for a few more minutes before he pulled over in front of his parents' mansion. 

“Wait.” He stopped me from opening the car door, got out of the car then opened the door for me. 

“I hope I’ll get used to that soon.” I chuckled, expecting a roll of eyes or an uninterested response from him, but he only chuckled too. 

After getting out of the car and shutting the car door, I held Tristan's hand and we ambled to the mansion's main doors, ringing the doorbell. 

In a jiffy, the door was opened and we were welcomed by a cute young maid who led us in and went upstairs to call Tristan’s parents downstairs. 

“Is Nikita at home?” I asked Tristan, jerking my head in his direction. 

“Yes. Do you also have a problem with that?” He asked without interest, slipped his phone out of his pants pocket, and started typing away on it. 

I didn’t respond to him, but began to pay attention to how my heartbeat rate increased.

His parents suddenly appeared out of nowhere and took their seats on the sofa opposite to the one we sat on. 

“Wow, look who finally came to pay a visit.” Hames said to me with a welcoming grin. “They promised to come a week ago, but postponed it till today.”

I only smiled shortly, unaware of the perfect response. 

Imogen was staring at me intently— obviously planning my murder in her head. 

“Where’s Nikita?” Tristan asked, rising from his feet.