Episode 31 "Stargazer in a Puddle" Part 1

Start from the beginning

Dad does what he says as Temp goes over to stand next to me while saying, "What- Dad, what are you doing here?" I nod, "Yeah, what made you decide to come over here dad?" "I heard that Temperance was getting married." I hold in my laughter with my hand as Temp says, "What? No. Angela's getting married to Hodgins. Not me." "Oh, the bug guy. Uh-oh, that's great." Temp and I watch as Booth handcuff dad as he says, "Will you shut up, please?" He then looks at us, "Well- Long enough for me to mirandize him." Dad then said it for him, "You got the right to remain silent.' Got it." I chuckle a bit as Dad looks at us, "We'll talk more later." I nod as Booth then says to us, "Look, I'm sorry, Bones, Blueberry, but he killed the deputy director of the F.B.I. I'm just doing my job." I sigh as I say, "Well, that's nothing we could do about." Temp nods agreeing with me, "It's okay. He's right." I wave dad off as Booth takes him away. At the same time Angie comes in looking confused, "Uh, sweetie, honey, was that your guy's dad?" Temp and I nod as I say, "I guess I  need to go to the F.B.I. headquarters Temp." "Yeah." "I'll see you later Angie." "Yeah, see you later." I left to follow Booth and Dad.

I am on the other side of the interrogation with Caroline looking at Dad. Booth comes inside our room and asks Caroline, "What do you mean, that's not Max Keenan?" "Cher, you know that's Max Keenan and I know that's Max Keenan, and little Miss Boss here knows that's Max Keenan. But to the rest of the world, that man is a hardworkin' electrician... from Coos Bay, Oregan named Art McGregor." I nod as Booth says, "That electrician was a bank robber for 15 years and murdered two F.B.I. agents." "Only one was still an agent at the time of his demise." "The guy was a deputy director." "And a crooked, murderin' son of a bitch- not to speak ill of the dead." I then say, "One of us was going to say that anyway." She nods and continues, "Driver's license, credit cards, tax returns, and this library card was issued 11 years ago." Booth asks, "Complete History?" I look at the file Caroline has, "Yes, he has a complete history Ranger." Caroline adds, "We'll keep diggin', but, cher, I don't know." 

We look through the see-through window as Booth says, "I gotta cut that guy loose." Caroline then says, "Legally speakin', that man is a law-abidin', taxpain', fully certified, dues payin' member... of the international brotherhood of-" I was curious on what she was going to say next when Booth cuts her off, "Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah." He grabs the file from her and walks out of the door as Caroline finishes her statement, "... since 1984." I then say, "Well... that was rude of him to do that to you." "Mm-hm." "That reminds me, is there any issues going on with your car still?" "No, it drives as smooth as my cases." I chuckle, "That's good to hear. If you run into any problems, make sure to call me." "I'll hold you up on that." I nod as we turn around and see Booth walking inside that other room where my dad is and places down the file and wallet in front of him. 

Dad raises his hands so Booth could uncuff him. Booth then asks, "Tell me something, Max. On a job site, what's the most hazardous classification for an electrician?" "Class I, Division 1- You planning a career change?" Booth then moves his glass water with his cup towards him as Dad says, "Oh, you're checkin' out my prints." "Max, you know I like you and I hate to hurt Bones, and Blueberry, but, uh, it's my job to catch you... and I'm very good at my job." "You'd have to be to work with my daughters. What do you say, shake hands with an old con. Or-or is that bad for the F.B.I. image?" Booth looks over at us for a second as I was confused as he looks back at Dad and says, "You abandoned them as a child. You don't think they feel that..." I look at them with sad eyes as Booth continues, "...every time you pop in, and out of their life, huh?" It hurts a bit knowing that it is true. Dad and Booth looked at each other seriously for a moment as Dad then smiles and chuckles a bit, "You're just saying that, so I'll hit you... and you got a reason to lock me up. Twenty years ago, that would've worked." Dad then pats Booth on the back and walks out, I then push a button that makes the other room where Booth is hear me. "Looks like we now know where my I get my happy carefree personality from." Booth looks over at where I was and smiles a bit.