Aftershock

Pov of Fuyuhiko Kuzuryu

   After I woke from that strange dream, I got ready for the day. I would've waken Peko up too, but she woke up on her own and got ready.
   "On the way to the to the hotel, could we stop by Chiaki and Hajime's cottages to check on them?" I said, looking up at Peko, who smiled softly.
   "You're very considerate Young- I mean, Fuyuhiko." She replied.
   "Well, he's my classmate. Also, I can kinda relate a little, I'm just lookin out for him, y'know?" I said, a little embarrassed. She chuckled and nodded, then we stepped outside.
   "Oh Peko?" I said suddenly.
   "Yes?" She replied.
   "Well, would you like to go somewhere sometime? Just me and you?" I said, looking at the ground, a little embarrassed. I looked up to see her facial expression and she was beaming.
   "Of course!" She shouted. She definitely enjoyed the idea of a date, well, I'm not sure if she would call it a date, but who knows? Chiaki was in her cabin and she came with us to get Hajime.
   I had to ask Monokuma to unlock the door for us, because Hajime wasn't answering the door and maybe I was a little worried for Hajime. Thankfully, he was just curled up in bed, his pillow was still soaked and he looked like he didn't get a lot of sleep.
   "I'll go get him some food for when he wakes up." Chiaki whispered. I nodded.
   "I'll stay here in case he wakes up, I feel dumb leaving him alone for an entire night but he needed some time to process." I replied, whispering. She left. Peko looked at me and smiled warmly. She looked back over at Hajime,
   "Do you think he'd be okay with us sitting on his furniture?" She said, kinda scared to say it. I pondered it, what if he didn't want us in here, he needs us in here so there's that, on the other hand we're literally tresspassing and broke into his cottage.
   We remained standing until Chiaki came back and slightly giggled. She set one of the trays of food on Hajime's night stand and another two on the coffee table.
   "Oh, thank you for getting us something too!" I said, surprised, the only other person who's ever brought me anything to eat was Peko, and that was when I was too busy to get myself something to eat. Chiaki say and motioned for us to sit.
   "I've been in here before and I'm sure he'll be fine with us sitting here." She said. Peko and I sat down on the loveseat, that was the only seat other than the 2 armchairs, one of which Chiaki occupied. We sat in silence as Peko and I ate. Apparently, Chiaki ate at the hotel, so she didn't have to carry as much.
   Whenever we finished Chiaki leaned back and looked at Peko and I, smirking.
   "So, you two are officially a couple now?" She asked with a sly look on her face. Peko and I looked at eachother, she gave me a look that asked me to say something.
   "Well, I think so, but we haven't really made it public yet. It's obvious though, isn't it?" I said, seeing a relieved Peko out of the corner of my eye. She leaned her head on my shoulder and closed her eyes. I guess she struggled to sleep last night too.
   "Awww that's so sweet. Personally, you two are one of the cutest couples I think I've ever seen! You're so wholesome too." Chiaki said smiling.
   "Nngh..." A small groan-like noise cane out from under the ball of blankets on the bed. Soon, a head slowly slid out and yawned. Hajime sat up quickly, putting his hand on his forehead because he got light headed.
   "Fuyuhiko? And Peko too? Chiaki, what time is it?" He asked, speaking slowly. I got up and brought a food tray over to him.
   "Well, it's around 10 o'clock, I think." Chiaki said. Hajime grabbed the fork and looked up at me, I guess he must've seen or thought something because he started bawling.

  "I missed you so much!" He sobbed throwing his arms around my neck and clinging onto me. All I could mumble out was a simple,
   "Eh?!" I almost took a step back but his grip is surprisingly strong. He only tightened his grip, sobbing loudly. He was drooling and getting enough all over my freshly cleaned suit! I was so annoyed, because Peko spent so long washing and ironing it out and I hate that all of her work got totally wrecked that quickly. Hajime looked up at me, then gasped and fell back on the bed.
   "Oh my gosh Fuyuhiko, I'm so sorry!" He babbled out, totally embarrassed. He looked ready to cry again.
   "For a second I thought you were my mother, I haven't seen her since I left for Hopes Peak and I really really miss her..." He said, grabbing a tissue and trying to wipe my suit off.
   "Hey, it's okay. I've got another clean suit, don't worry about it. I miss my old man a little too and hell, I miss my sister Natsumi more than anything! Erm... Ah, what about a subject change, you ready to socialize a bit today or do you want us to chill here with you for a bit?" I said, sitting down on the bed next to him and putting my hand on his back. He nodded.
   "Yes you wanna socialize, or yes you wanna stay here?" I said, chuckling, he let out a light snicker, which made Chiaki beam. Peko looked surprised, she sadly looked at the snot on my suit and I looked at her apologetically.

   Wow, who knew he'd be a total momma's boy? Heheh.

   Bruh shut the fuck up, he's clearly traumatized. Leave him be.

   Whatever you say buzzkill. Ciao.

   "Are you alright Fuyuhiko? You look like you're thinking about murdering someone. I hope you're not because then you could get e- uhm... Just, please, don't..." Hajime said, looking down at the bed. I looked over at Peko and she also looked concerned.
   "Don't worry, I couldn't bring myself to try to sacrifice everyone else for myself." I said, tilting my head a little and smiling. There were some complaints from Despair me but I ignored him. I just realized that I should give him a name. Something shorter than "Despair me or Despair Fuyuhiko."
   Hey, great idea Fuyu~

   Any recommendations? It's kinda YOUR name that's being brainstormed.

   Hahaha, brainstorm.

   Yeah yeah, very funny. Seriously, any preferences?

   What about, Fukuda?

   Not bad. You sure?

   Yea, why the hell not?

   You make a valid point. Alright, I'll call you Fukuda from now on.

   Later.

   Hajime stood up and started walking toward the door. Everyone else stood up and Hajime said,
   "I think I'll go apologize to everyone else. I must've worried them sick but for now, I'm so sorry Fuyuhiko, Chiaki, and Peko. I worried you guys and took time away from you so you could check on me. Is there anything I can do to make up for it?"
   "Nonsense, that's what friends are for, we're here for you, and you're always important enough to us to make time for you." Chiaki and I said in unison. Peko nodded in agreement.
   "Thank you guys, I really mean it." He said, opening the door and walking out. Everyone else followed and we all went to the hotel.

Author's Note

I'M SO SO SORRY FOR THE DELAY! I had started writing it but never really finished it. I've been on vacation in Florida and that kinda put me in the writing spirit. I honestly have no idea why I fucking named Fukuda Fukuda, it was literally the first thing that came to mind when I was brainstorming names for him. I was thinking it had to be similar to Fuyuhiko, and I dunno, Fukuda came to mind. So yeah. I'm trying to write soon. What do you guys think of the friendship I've formed between Fuyuhiko and Hajime? What other things would you like to see in the story line, I'll be taking suggestions. Have a wonderful day/night!