𝑹𝒂𝒊𝒏

before we get started sorry for not posting in a while. i got really lazy and lost motivation truthfully speaking. but now im back <3

Dahlia layed down next to Tom and stared at his side profile. He was busy on his phone, sending emails and texts and picking up calls. As expected from a CEO. Yet he never failed to show his love and express his worries in front of her. Her thoughts drifted back to that one evening.

Flashback

"Dahlia..." His honey voiced whispered near her ear as she nodded letting him know that she's listening. "Do I ever worry you?" She got up and turned around placing a warm hand on his cold cheek. His brown eyes that dared to steal her heart were now just filled with worry upon her response. She smiled. She tugged on the ends of his hair, knotting her own fingers between them while leaning closer with each tug. Her lips held his, pouring affection before finally pulling apart.

"I hope that answers your question." Tom nodded however this time with just a small smile threatening to come out. "What did I ever do to get you?"

"Hmm.....I don't know. I am pretty special you know?" Dahlia teased while playing with his fingers. He scoffed and chuckled in response. "It's the truth handsome." Dahlia snuggled in more closer to him. Together they watched the rain falling down as they snuggled close to each other.

"One day if I make a big mistake will you forgive me?" He asked, his voice as deep and low as it possibly could get. Dahlia turned once again but this time she met his eyes which had another feeling hidden deep behind it.

Regret
Guilt

She didn't know what to reply. But she let her own words wash over her. "I'll still promise to love you. Because I trust you. Only you." Her words felt unfamiliar to her however they felt right. Trusting him was important. Tom smiled. She could sense it was forced.

Maybe he was hiding something.

But she trusted him. She knew that whatever he possibly could be hiding was to protect her. She believed in that and continued to believe in that.

"Thank you for coming into my life and making me feel alive again. Months ago I never would have even imagined I would be as happy as I am right now. I owe it all to you. I promise to love you and never leave you." He whispered, placing a simple kiss on her head, rocking her back and forth while the thundering rain grew heavier eventually silencing them.

Present

"Babe? Babe!" He shook her and she suddenly turned to face him. "Gosh you scared me!" He quickly kissed her hand and squeezed it. A little more tighter. "Sorry I was thinking."

"About?" He asked as he switched off the lights and finally properly turned to face her. The light from the streets hit their faces so they could easily make out their faces. "Just.....Work." She lied but she smiled and crawled towards him, laying on his chest. Hearing his heartbeat, it was music for her.

"Work? Why work?" He chuckled while playing with some of her loose strands. However when he got no response, he peeked to steal a glance only to realise she was asleep.

He threw on the blanket around both of them and held her like she would vanish away from him any moment. Whispering a sleepy good night, Tom too drifted into a slumber.

The rain that night poured down heavily but neither was wide awake to realise it.

thats it loves!

hmp💝