𝑻𝒊𝒄𝒌𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝑩𝒐𝒎𝒃

Exhausted could be the perfect word to describe his feeling now. Papers sprawled  all over his table as coffee cups stacked itself up. All this had to be done by tomorrow. It was a race indeed. He had exactly 1 hour before he had to hand this all in. Bracing himself, he once again disappeared behind stacks of white pages as the scribbling of his own pen on the documents was audible.

"Finally...." he let out a long sigh as he sank back into his chair closing his eyes. His head hurt now more than ever but mustering whatever energy he had left, he got up carrying the stacks with him.

As soon as he handed in every file, he quickly picked up his phone dialing a taxi as he grabbed his jacket and walked out.

City of New York was still wide awake during which the loud blaring noises of honks reached its deafening crescendo.

Rubbing his forehead with worry, he thought over to his meeting with his rival.

~

"Pathetic don't you think Tom?" His eyes flashed as a smirk appeared on his face.

"If you think business is funny Paul please leave" Tom had enough of him. All he wanted was this tiny ass guy to leave his office so that he could continue his work in equanimity.

"I have other work to tend to. Please stay if you want or you can leave my company alone. Goodbye." was the last thing Tom said as he picked up his documents and walked straight out.

~

His thoughts clouded over his brain. He had to prioritise. Firstly he craved to go back home, feeling the hot water hitting his body as he washes away the stress from work. Nothing more like a perfect hot shower to cool your nerves.

Hopping onto the taxi, he found himself dozing off as his eyes kept slipping away into darkness yet he managed to snap back awake everytime.

Thanking the driver and tipping him graciously, he stepped foot outside the vehicle and dragged himself towards his house.

A big ass house for a lonely guy like him. His life story was depressing enough for people to never even come near him. Everybody pitied him. 'Poor boy with no-one to support him.' Well people can take their pity and shove it up their asses.

Chances of him eating dinner were minimal. His life was like a ticking bomb, waiting to be exploded to end his life. All he had to do was to wait for the bomb to explode.

Switching to his pajamas, he let his body sink into his comfy mattress while he pulled the sheets over his warm body. Every part inside his body appeared to be  shutting down as he let his dreams take over him into a pool of misery.

~

Dawn settled in as the beaming sun rays shone down on Tom's sleeping figure. Twisting and turning in his sleep, his eyes finally opened as the bright rays blinded his sight.

"Ow...." he murmured to himself while stretching his back as his fine toned biceps popped out. Throwing on a pair of grey sweatpants, he walked out shirtless humming to himself.

Staring at his fridge, he grabbed some apple juice as he poured the drink onto a cup and gazed at pretty view of his garden outside. 'Finally...A free day...'  he notioned as a smile tried to come into view but to no avail.

His thoughts were deep and he drowned himself in them. The only thought that consumed his mind was his work. Nothing else mattered. Or more specifically, he didn't want other things to matter. Fate was a dick to him. It still is. But he wouldn't take his chances up with it. His life itself was a whole game against fate. Now it's just a matter of who wins. He wasn't the petty type. If this is life, he knew he would have to fight against every hurdle.

And he was prepared to do so...

The sudden noise of a vaccum startled him terribly as he stumbled, nearly dropping the juice which he clenched tightly. Setting his eyes forward, he saw his maid cleaning the rug. It was rare of him to let anyone into his house. The only person he would let in was his maid every Tuesday, just so she could clean the house. He would do it of course. But something about his cleaning never left him satisfied enough.

She looked up and smiled at him which he found adorable. The woman was probably in her fifties or sixties yet perfectly healthy and even took great care of him.

"Thank you Kathy" he voiced out before stepping outside the kitchen and heading back to his room.

Shutting himself locked in his room, he paced about the room as his eyes shifted from word to word while his hands reached out for the next set of papers that ought to be checked.

This was his cycle. Eat sleep work repeat. Normal human things like drinking out with friends, dating, partying was never his nature and it never will be. Why should it? A man who has known nothing but numbness- why should he care about what rest of the world does?

Minutes turned to hours as the pile of papers were minimising from hundreds to zero. Hearing a satisfied hum from himself, he kept aside the final paper. His eyes automatically shifted to the clock in which his mouth dropped in shock. 7 pm?! 12 hours?!?! How time flies....

Oblivious to his surroundings, he got back in bed on a hungry stomach yet not a single part in him had the vigour to pull him up all the way to the kitchen.

And just like that...He slipped back into his living nightmares...

~

While Tom slept....Miles away a simple woman named Dahlia opened her eyes where in which she was lachrymose...

Chapter one!How was it? The first one or two chapters may be a little boring but trust me it gets better💜

Chapter one!
How was it? The first one or two chapters may be a little boring but trust me it gets better💜

hmp💝