𝑵𝒆𝒘 𝑨𝒅𝒗𝒆𝒏𝒕𝒖𝒓𝒆

Dahlia stretched her body, pushing aside the thick duvet and snuggling her feet inside the warm slippers. Rubbing her eyes she headed straight to the kitchen to make a nice cup of coffee.

Her first day in Tom's office. Excited was an understatement to how she felt. Being able to see him now almost 24/7 was a thought that cherished her. Snapping from her imagination, she glanced at the clock rushing in to take a shower and change.

 Snapping from her imagination, she glanced at the clock rushing in to take a shower and change

Grinning, she hurriedly walked out, grabbing a cab to head towards her new workplace.

~

Upon her arrival, she saw the face that she had grown to love through the months. Hastening her steps, Dahlia tapped his back.

"Hello boss." Chuckling he hugged her but she pulled away immediately making him pout. As much as she wanted to kiss those pouty lips, work was work.

"We're at work sir. We should be professional." Still pouting, he nodded slowly, still not loving the whole 'professional' idea.

"This way Miss West." He put out his arm, pointing inside and she walked in with him beside her. All the employees stood up gracefully, bowing to him slightly.

"Hey guys!" He nodded cheerfully which raised a lot of questionable faces on the employees. They forced a smile though quite dumbfounded at their boss's unexpected behaviour.

Him? The same Tom Holland who was as cold as an ice now had a smile and even waved to a few employees. Many obviously knew the answer to his change and couldn't hide their smile. It was good indeed to see their boss happy.

"It's that girl..." A man who looked around in his early twenties, whispered to another girl who looked about his age.

"Must be his girlfriend. It's good to see sir happy though. The atmosphere already has loosened up a bit." They bowed once again and took their places, continuing on with their work quietly.

"Okay everyone this is-- Actually I'll let her introduce." Tom stepped aside with a warm smile and an encouraging nod. Dahlia exhaled to ease her rising heartbeat.

"Hey everyone I'm Dahlia. Dahlia West. Great to meet you all."

Loud applauses beat the silent room and the loudest cheer was obviously from her dearest who stood right next to her.

"Okay Miss West will be in the Statistics team. You can lead the team Miss West. Most of them are interns but some of the very best indeed." Nodding she bowed to him, and followed another worker to the Statistics department.

A part of her wanted to turn back but she knew if she did, she wouldn't be able to keep it professional.

"Ma'am this is your office and that there-" said the woman, pointing to another room on the right, "is the Statistics department. Welcome."

"Oh thank you so much--" Dahlia glanced at her ID "--Selena."

Selena smiled and put out her palm.

"If there's anything let me know okay? Don't hesitate."