𝑩𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒅𝒂𝒚 𝑮𝒊𝒓𝒍

"Happy Bday D!!!!!" Tom yelled while smashing a whole chocolate cake on her face, grinning like complete idiot.

"You DUMBASS!!!" Dahlia yelled with chocolate covering her whole face as everyone burst into laughter.

August 21st...It was finally her birthday. Although birthdays never meant much to Dahlia, this year's was quite special. Tom and a couple of his friends whom she already met by now decided to throw a small surprise party for her. Though it was small, it meant the whole world to Dahlia.

"Tom..." Dahlia whispered as a worried Tom looked over.

"You okay? Was this a bad idea? It was wasn't it? Oh god I shouldn't have done---"

Dahlia silenced him by jumping on him, hugging him tightly as she nuzzled against the crook of his neck. "It's perfect Tom."was all Dahlia could muster.

Tom reciprocated by holding her small body tightly, inhaling her perfume. He could hear the drumming of his own heart against hers as he held onto her more tightly than ever. Tom was aware of the emotions he was feeling at that moment although none that actually made sense to him.

The pair kept hugging each other, embracing it while the rest od Tom's friends slowly walked out to give them privacy.

Eventually the two pulled away yet never broke eye contact not even for a second. Dahlia was conscious of the tense atmosphere around them while she noticed his friends were in the other room. Even now she couldn't manage herself to walk away or walk towards him. It was like she was grounded forever. His presence was definitely doing something to her. She just wasn't sure what.

"Ahem" Jacob peeked from the other side catching the attention of the blushing pair.

"If your done flirting let's have a party!"

Tom, now embarrassed, shyly walked away scratching his nape but not before glancing over to Dahlia one last time.

"I'll be right there" she replied to his quick glance when he nodded and disappeared.

Walking up to the window, Dahlia noticed the droplets drip down the clear window as the grey sky loomed over her.

"Happy birthday me..." Dahlia whispered while the heavy downpour continued, silencing her wish.

~

"Cheers to Dahlia West! Happy birthday!!!" The group clinked glasses as they all gulped down the tequila shots.

"Let's dance!" exclaimed a rather high Zendaya, who immediately played some top songs while the others started laughing.

"Hey...D?" Tom slowly approached Dahlia while nervously patting her shoulder when she turned around smiling so wide showing her teeth.

"Here... Your gift.."

Her eyes widened before she slowly accepted the tiny cover from his hand.

"Tom you shouldn't have!"

"Well I did anyways. Are you sober enough to open the gift?"

Letting out a light chuckle she nodded before eagerly opening the gift she received.

Digging into the cover Dahlia slowly pulled out a silver chain necklace with a small heart locket attached to it. The locket almost shone under the bright light as Dahlia's eyes reflected the sparkle.

 The locket almost shone under the bright light as Dahlia's eyes reflected the sparkle

"T-Tom..." Words seemed to fail her as she stared at the magnificent piece before her.

"I--I can't acc--accept..."

"Here I'll put it on for you." He slowly took the ends of the necklace while walking behind her. Pushing her hair forward, he took a step closer now almost the space within them diminishing. Attaching the necklace together, his hand lingered over her neck but he took a step back almost immediately.

Dahlia however was experiencing a new sensation of tingling though this time her fingers iched to cup his perfectly shaped face. Hugging her own stomach she looked fo her right as a small smile splashed across her face.

"It's beautiful...." she whispered while twirling her fingers around the beautiful artifact.

"I'm glad you love it"

"Thank you Tom....For everything..."

Closing her eyes, she let out a single tear whereas a worried Tom immediately pulled her close to his embrace, rubbing her back with hopes to calm her down. Dahlia let her head fall against his shoulder while breathing heavily. This is what she needed. Just a pillar of comfort. Just someone out there for her. Someone like a guardian angel.

The silence was rather welcoming while the pair continued to remain in each other's embrace with neither of them wanting to let go. What was left of that peaceful evening went on quickly with laughter and chit-chat.

But Tom realised something that night.

Dahlia was not just a friend to him. She was definitely someone that he wanted to study and understand and help forever.

Her tears were his pain. Her happiness was his jubilation. 

isn't he a cutie🥺

well anyways happy bday Dahlia i guess hehe

hmp💝