𝑻𝒘𝒐-𝑺𝒊𝒅𝒆𝒅

The pair arrived catching the attention of a few tipsy men who's mouths intentionally drooled upon Dahlia's presence. Tom in turn shot dark stares towards them, hurrying Dahlia to continue going forward.

Drinks passed around. Voices filled the large hall when an exhausted Dahlia finally sat on a seat, removing her aching heels.

"Fuck" she whispered when a bottle of water appeared in front of her. Tom's sudden appearance certainly seemed to do the trick because Dahlia definitely ended up losing him after a few CEO's carried him away.

"Looks like you made good friends" she pressed on, opening the bottle and casually taking a sip, scanning her surroundings like a FBI officer on alert.

"Well what can I say.. People love me!" he remarked back accompanied by a smirk when Dahlia scoffed and laughed.

"Yeah yeah...Never too good to praise yourself Mr Holland"

"You can't stop me loving myself"

Dahlia rolled her eyes when his palm opened up in front of her. A look of confusion immediately zoomed past her face till she took his hand in hers.

"Let's leave" he announced and before Dahlia could process those two words, she miraculously found herself in a car, all buckled up, with an excited Tom, who pressed the gear and setting off into god knows where.

"Wait Tom where are we---"

"Shhh you'll see. It'll take a while considering traffic so sleep"

Dahlia didn't need to be told twice. All that talking and walking around in heels waa enough for her to doze off into a deep slumber. Nodding she wrapped her arms around herself before tilting her head to the side when her sights vanished.

~

"Okay Tom we are in a garden. It's beautiful indeed but why are we here?"

The once sleepy Dahlia, now a curious Dahlia asked him when he responded with just a sentence which may or may not have creeped her out.

"Just for no reason"

'Is he okay?' Dahlia pondered over this thought but it certainly didn't provide an excuse for her to not enjoy the divine and artistic garden filled with brightly bloomed flowers. Certainly looked like the land of the gods themselves. Nature was just brilliant in every manner.

The placid waters from a small river nearby the garden provided just the right amount of comfort in the atmosphere as the swishing sound of the waters moving by, caused Dahlia to sway slowly along with the beats.

Tom took his place next to her, observing the river.

"D...?"

"Yeah?"

"What do you think will happen?"

"What do you mean?" Dahlia's eyes searched his for an answer.

"Like what'll happen to us? Will you continue your job as a secretary? Or...?"

This Dahlia had to think over before giving an honest reply. She knew Tom did nothing but care for her. Hence he deserved to know the truth. But the actual trputh is she didn't really know at all. The future always appeared blurry in front of her eyes.

"Maybe, maybe not" Tom let out a light chuckle when Dahlia shrugged in embarrassment.

"You could work for my company" Tom added on quite nonchalantly, causing West to gasp at his sudden confession.

"Dude!" She playfully pushed him, nervously tucking in strands of her hair behind her ear.

"I'm serious. Dahlia your wasting your talents here as a secretary especially under a dickhead of a boss who barely recognises your hardwork."

"Tom...You flatter me but I can't just simply leave my job..And I want to have a proper interview with you. Not where you choose me to be an employee just because I'm your friend. I have self-respect and pride too."

"Who said I'm asking you to join because your my friend? Dahlia West even if we weren't friends, I would still give you my business card. I have seen your way with economics. Your a total pro!"

"I don't know Tom.... I'm unsure..."

"Will you atleast think about it?"

"I promise I will." Dahlia stuck out her pinky and the both laughed while Tom connected his pinky to hers. He pulled her pinky closer to his lips and kissed her hand, completely leaving Dahlia quite baffled at his actions.

Stammering and blushing Dahlia asked "W--W--What wa--was tha--that f--for?"

Tom grinned at her reaction, thereby confirming his assumptions of whether Dahlia likes him back too. Feeling giddy with happiness, he leaned his head down onto her shoulder, closing his eyes, enjoying the serenity.

Dahlia and Tom. Two individuals who struggled with life, found something in each other that grounded them. For them, having each other was enough to make up ninety percent of their happiness.

But life wasn't all so nice to them...

ty darlings
hmp💝