𝑰𝒄𝒆𝒅 𝑳𝒂𝒕𝒕𝒆

Panicking, Dahlia looked up as her mouth exhaled a gasp.

"You?!"

His eyes met hers as they too widened in utmost shock.

"What are you doing here?!" he bellowed. His deep voice sent a rather disturbing sensation up her body as she looked away almost immediately.

"I work here. You?"

"Came for a meeting."

"Well then I suggest you head on to your meeting. Don't want to be late. Boss gets cranky otherwise."

Dahlia picked up her cup while crushing it with her hands. Well there goes a perfect cup of coffee.

She turned around only to find him staring at her as she took one last glance before heading in the complete opposite direction of him.

~

Inversely, Tom remained in his spot. Neither could he move or speak. He found it rather peculiar that he bumped into Dahlia almost every other day. It was like he was north pole of a magnet and she was south, while the forces of nature were pulling them together. His thoughts once again slipped back when he first met you- at the party.

He remembered seeing a rather confused girl staring at him while he sat on the chair next to her. Something about her definitely did leave him quite...how will he put it.... Perplexed?

For starters, Dahlia definitely wasn't like the other girls he's crossed paths with. Those who would scream and jump onto him like he was some sort of a designer handbag or end-of-the-sale designer clothing. How he despised it.

Yet again, his thoughts wandered as he remembered the night at the bridge.

He recalled her face when she asked him not to give up. Her tranquil gaze was what calmed him then.

"I should definitely look onto these emotions at a later time." He mumbled before looking at his watch and continuing his visit.

~

Extravagance, in her not so humble words, was just not her nature. Apparently she now found herself in a dress store with no-one in particular as she wandered aimlessly from aisle to aisle.

For reasons unknown, this gave her some peace. It felt serene. Like nothing else mattered. Maybe its because all her life, all she did was just run. Run, run, run until it was time to stop. So for once, having to not run but just walk, perhaps took a toll on her.

"Ma'am if you aren't going to buy anything--"

Dahlia excused herself as she took two steps at a time on noticing a familiar figure. Of course, it was him. But this time something about him sensed different. Sensed disturbing...

His brunette eyes caught sight of her auburn ones yet again as he particularly groaned in annoyance. Why does he keep meeting her everywhere?!

Concealing himself, he approached the busy saleswoman as she shot him a rather vexed expression.

"Excuse me?" he jittered as the woman raised her eyebrows.

"I would like a room for trial"

Knitting her eyebrows, she flashed him a 'are you for real?' expression before pointing towards a room at the far end.

"There. That's empty." she voiced as he courteously thanked her leaving her quite baffled of his politeness and rather embarrassed of her behaviour.

Shutting the door he locked himself up hoping that Dahlia wouldn't care about his existence and that she would continue with...Well whatever she came here for.