𝑶𝒇𝒇𝒊𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍

Awakening from her refreshing night's sleep, Dahlia blinked, adjusting her eyes to the room around. Yet another exhausting day indeed. Weird that her dream turned out to be her and Tom kissing. A lie indeed if she replied feelings didn't flutter her heart. Clearing unnecessary thoughts, her slumped figure swiftly spun around, clicking the door open, taking uneven steps towards the kitchen.

Images from her dream replayed for the billionth time as her eyes landed on the same spot of location.

"Gosh...I can never unsee it...." Dahlia mumbled to herself, cleaning up the dishes on the table, preparing herself to wash them.

With every scrub her mind occupied at the taste of his luscious lips. The more her thoughts wondered, she cursed her very self at those outraged thoughts.

"Gosh Dahlia it was just a dream!!" Her mind yelled but an unexpected collective gasp left her lips while the plate slipped from her hands, landing with a loud clang.

"Fuck...... It's not a dream......" was all her throat could blurt out. Colour rose to her cheeks as her breath staggered.

"Shit...."

~

Certainly avoiding him was challenging enough on its own. Her doorbell rang as she clicked open the door only to drop the water she held.

"Hello!" He greeted happily but words vanished from her lips. English appeared to be a foreign language.

His eyes sparkled like the brightest star in the night sky. His lips landed in a playful smile and that brought a sense of happiness within her but she held her emotions.

"Um....Hi...." She whispered breathlessly, nervously bending down to pick up the glass.

"I'll help" he offered but Dahlia was rather quick to respond.

"NO!!" She practically yelled, startling the poor man.

"I--I mean...I can manage.....?"

'Shit I should sound confident!' Clearing unnecessary thoughts, Dahlia resumed to clean up the water, completely ignorant to the man next to her, lost in his own thoughts.

'She's in denial...' He wondered. This didn't anger him yet instead it brought a sense of joy.

He walked up to her blocking her path while Dahlia's eyes met his shoes.

"Umm...Can you move?" she asked but Tom shook his head.

"Nope. After last night....I can't" Dahlia flushed as her head shot up. Colour rose to her cheeks which certainly did not go unnoticed by him. Smirking he stepped aside ready to walk out but not before pecking her lips and running out.

"WHAT THE---?!" Dahlia yelled but he was nowhere to be found.

"I will kill him..." She whispered but a smile was what portrayed.

~

"That'll be all. Get it to me quickly!" Her boss yelled. Nodding and walking out with a slump, she turned her head, swearing under her breath.

"Bad day?" The same sweet enchanting voice caused her to straighten her back as she turned ahead. Greeting her was the one she held a close place at heart.

"How are you here?"

"I was just driving by and decided to just see you. I think I'm definitely allowed to surprise my girlfriend at work " He added watching her flustered state.

Her hands nervously tucked a few strands of her own hair while her lips parted to speak but automatically closed.

"You okay?" He questioned once again holding her shoulder when a sudden breeze brushed past them, pushing all her hair to her face.

'Is this some fucking drama?' She wondered observing his twinkly eyes and his smile.

"Come on. Lunch date." He gently laced his fingers through hers, gaining the attention of a few who were busy whispering to one another about the so-called "unbelievable" sight.

~

"Why were you so shy earlier?" He teased when Dahlia choked on her lemonade.

"W--who shy? Me?? Pfftt" She waved her hand aimlessly in the air yet gritting her teeth.

"You are never a good liar"

"If I wasn't a good liar you would have found out about my past and shit" She shot back but ended up in a dead silence.

"Shit.....Sorry...." She apologised but Tom just held her hands even tighter.

"Don't be sorry. Don't be sad anymore okay? Whatever there is we'll always tell each other and confine to each other. Okay?"

Dahlia smiled, nodding along happily while she dug into her food.

But Tom knew he made the biggest mistake ever.

.....Talia is real!!
hmp💝