𝑺𝒉𝒊𝒓𝒕𝒍𝒆𝒔𝒔

"W--What??" Dahlia stammered at his sudden appearance and unexpected actions. Nothing else now mattered except for the fact that his face was unbelievably close to hers and their bodies now inches from meeting. His hot breath hit her face sending tingles all over her body.

"You'll get a cold." He whispered while Dahlia let out a scoff.

"Like you care." She shot back while Tom hung his head low, taking a step back and releasing her yet still keeping the umbrella over her.

"D... I'm sorry about that...."

Her heart warmed at his sincerity as she kept quiet wanting to hear more.

"I don't know what happened. I'm really sorry. I say a lotta things without thinking. Please don't be mad. And don't ignore me please that's worse." Those eyes of his asked nothing but forgiveness and a chance to redeem himself.

Dahlia knew he was sorry but she definitely knew she had to tease the poor guy first.

Without another single thought,she grabbed his collar pulling him closer while letting her breath hit his earlobe. Tom's body was barely functioning as a weird thumping of his heart left him speechless. This was a new feeling to him. No-one has ever made him feel emotions like the ones he felt at this moment with her so close.

Indescribable indeed. The sudden urge to wrap her in his arms and leave fluttery kisses on his neck was all that occupied his mind. Yet indeed it took him every ounce of energy to not have that fantasy come true.

These were definitely some emotions that had to be pondered on for another day.

"I forgive you" Dahlia whispered near his ears before pulling away.

The rain cascaded as the chilly night took over.

Both individuals looked towards each other getting lost in one's eyes until an old man ruined their moment.

"Excuse me Children but go home!!!!" He yelled while the two broke the gaze and nodded as Tom and Dahlia scurried over to Tom's car.

"In" he commanded as Dahlia didn't need to be told twice. Pressing the acceleration, Tom took off while a shivering Dahlia followed.

"Cold right?"

Before she could nod, he handed her a coat while still keeping his eyes fixated on the road. His fingers brushed against hers when a surge of warmth consumed her body. Believing this to be the heater and the coat she took no notice of the fact that the young man next to her had a certain effect on her.

Meanwhile Tom still pondered over the emotions he felt. His heart felt heavy as his mind replayed every memory with her although they were not distant enough to be called as memories.

He thought of the first time he met her at the party. Genuinely seeing her on the floor having a panic attack or seizure scared the shit out of him. Like he so wanted to just promise her everything will be alright even when it won't be.

Next time was at the bridge when he was at the very cusp of ending his life. He still remembered how she scolded him creating a small smile on his face. Glancing at her through the corner of his eyes, he saw the cute girl all huddled up as little snores left her nose while he chuckled at the adorable view.

Slowly pressing on the gas, he pulled the jacket over her while slowly caressing her cheeks as the moonlight reflected her beautiful features.

It was the first time Tom saw her. Like actually saw her. Noticed the tiny almost invisible mole by her cheek. It was miniscule that even microscope would be useless.

Sinking back into the leather seat, he continued driving as his thoughts wandered though all of them had the same entity present

Dahlia...

~

"Dude you'll get a cold just go take a shower!!" whined Dahlia to a stubborn Tom.

Having had enough of him, she pulled his ear as groans and winces of pain were heard across the quiet apartment but she didn't bother.

Pushing him into the shower, she handed her Dad's old sweatshirt and some boxers before walking out and shutting the door loudly while a poor shivering Tom flinched.

~

"Thank god I cleaned!!!" Dahlia sighed before slithering down onto the sofa as she felt her eyes heavy that is until they gave away when Dahlia travelled in her dreams.

Whereas a shirtless Tom walked down the steps almost like a handsome royalty as his eyes searched for her.

Finally seeking her, his eyes softened at the sight of her. Tapping on her shoulders, Dahlia woke up with a jump as she screamed seeing a random shirtless dude.

"WTF WHO ARE---Oh Tom"

"BRUH YOU HAVE GOT TO STOP SCREAMING" Tom yelled back holding his ears in pain. But Dahlia wasn't paying attention. Her attention was now on his abs that probably could have had her drooling.

Those fine toned abs. She forced herself to look away completely missing out on a smirking Tom.

"Like the view?" He snickered when Dahlia regained her sanity. "Shut up" she mumbled before heading off to the kitchen. Not until throwing a shirt on his face.

"Cover up Tommy boy and help me in the kitchen." She urged before gracefully turning around and disappearing behind a wooden door.

Chuckling he threw on the shirt before following her steps and disappearing behind the same old wooden steps.

Okay ahm this Tom... I'm dead thank you so much goodbye I'm dead

hmp💝