𝑫𝒊𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒓

Dahlia's icy expression lingered around for a solid minute till she smiled at the visitor.

"Hello. I'm Dahlia West, Tom's friend" She held out her hand while the brunette flipped her hair back, riveted at Dahlia with a venomous expression.

"Sasha" She replied shaking her hand. Tom knew he messed up horribly and now Dahlia wouldn't want to ever be around him anymore. The thought feared him as he attempted for an eye contact with her but she seemed way too interested in the mysterious fellow before him.

"Sorry to interrupt on your seduction Sasha but I really need to talk to Tom" Dahlia's calm features threatened him but Sasha didn't know Dahlia like he did. Someone like her, people get to push her but she still manages to stand tall like any other.

"And why is that bitch? Tryna steal my man?"

"Yes" Dahlia picked out gum from her bag, popping two of them in her mouth. Her face remained the same- as calm as ever.

"HOW DARE YO--"

"Shut up woman gosh my ears! You done? You can vent it out later because I need him right now thanks bye!" Dahlia sharply glared to Tom, shifting her eyes towards the door and Tom quickly followed her without a look behind.

~

"Explain" she demanded, crossing her arms tightly across her chest, waiting.

"Um...." He began wondering where on earth to begin. Opening up was difficult itself but it made it more challenging considering the unreadable expression on Dahlia's face.

"Quickly Holland" she urged on, tapping her feet, her eyes glancing around almost everywhere except his face.

"In short words, rival, likes me, wants to take over my company but date me too"

"That I figured" Dahlia tucked the flowing strands behind her ear before taking a step back, leaning against the railing when once again the same relaxing breezes blew by.

"Dah---"

"Like I said Tom we'll talk tonight. I came by to give you some food since you don't eat. Better eat this okay? It's pasta. I'll go home and prepare dinner for us" Finally letting go of the unreadable face, it now shifted into a small smile while Tom breathed out a sigh in relief.

"See you tonight" Nodding he watched her walk away back into the elevator and lastly vanishing before his eyes.

A broad smile splattered across his face while he began humming in happiness, his steps turning to skips of joy.

~

"Woah!" His eyes gleamed under the delicacies before him. Saliva nearly drooled off his mouth but he remained his posture.

"Eat up dude" Dahlia chuckled, watching him.

Without waiting for another remark, Tom settled himself into the chair while dumping layers onto his plate. With every bite, he sighed in satisfaction, allowing his taste buds to be satisfied.

Dahlia however didn't take a bite but instead just watched him eat. Noticing a stain near his chin, she giggled while pulling out a tissue, leaning forward and wiping the curry. His eyes shot up, looking at her with a mouthful of food. Dahlia's heart warmed as she sat back, allowing him to continue.

"Aren't you eating?"

"On my way back I already grabbed something to eat."

"Oh...Hang on. What did you wanna talk about?"

Her head shot up but however instead of a smile, a dark gaze nestled itself. Sensing the seriousness, Tom slowly put down his utensils, crossing her arms and waiting for her to continue.

"I--It's about m--my past....I..uh.."

"Take a deep breath and tell me...."

"Okay....." Dahlia inhaled and exhaled before she opened her eyes again, ready to let out every emotion locked within her ever since the past few years.

" Dahlia inhaled and exhaled before she opened her eyes again, ready to let out every emotion locked within her ever since the past few years

+next chap we'll see about Dahlia's life
hmp💝