𝑴𝒐𝒗𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏

"Ready to go home?" Tom smiled and together they walked out of the hospital and entered his car. "How do you feel?" Tom pulled her seatbelt and fastened it for her with eyes drooping with concern. "I'm fine love don't worry" Dahlia reassured him with a small peck and he turned on the engine. With a loud vroom, Tom drove the car back home.

"Dahlia can I ask you something?" She nodded while busily cleaning up his living room.

"What do you think of the idea of moving in with me?" Dahlia stopped and turned, looking at him with her arms across her chest. She didn't say anything but simply stared.

"Dahlia?" Tom slowly called out.

"Tom what you're asking...." She hesitated and exhaled quietly. Numerous thoughts raced through her mind but they all led back to the same question.

'Will it work?'

"Are you worried?" His voice grounded her and she shook her head immediately. Living with him would make her even happier but she was indeed worried. Worried about whether this could perhaps be a bad idea.

"Look if you're not ready---"

"Let's do it!" She interrupted and nodded.

"Wait...You sure?" Tom's eyes glistened while Dahlia nodded. He ran towards her, pulling her off the ground while a silent scream left her lips. "Oh God put me down!" A giggle escaped.

"When will you move in?"

"Calm down tiger. I'll move in during the weekend---"

His phone rang.

"Shit one second babe" He attended to the call and Dahlia continued cleaning. "Baby I'm so sorry but can I just go to the office? Seems like there's an issue." She worriedly turned around and raised her eyebrow.

"Yeah go ahead. Everything alright?"

"Not sure. They said they needed me and there's a due date for a few papers. Won't be long! I love you"

And with that he grabbed his car keys and dashed out of his home, finally no longer in her sight.

Dahlia calmly looked around, adjusting to her new home. She had to admit she felt no longer like a stranger. More like home. Even without him near her she felt rather comfortable and peaceful. A rare feeling. For her atleast.

"I should make dinner for him as a thank you..." She spoke out loud and her feet took her straight to the kitchen. She marvelled at the beauty before throwing on a grey apron over her.

"Let's start..." And a happy smile danced across her lips.

sorry for not updating last week!the chapters are short i know! but i am keeping it like that for a reason!

the chapters are short i know! but i am keeping it like that for a reason!

hmp💝